Register Now
Kane99

What other 3rd party games would you like to see the Switch get?

Since the Switch came out, it's gotten a lot of 3rd party games. From the likes of The Witcher, Doom, and Diablo III just to name a few. There may be more on the horizon. What 3rd party games, would you like to see come out for the Nintendo Switch? 

I'd like to see Castlevania SOTN on Switch. I've always loved that one, and it would be great to have it portable. Also Diablo and Diablo II would be great ones. There's a whole host of NES and SNES games I would like to see on it without having to subscribe to Nintendo Online.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I wouldn't mind GTA V on the Nintendo Switch but knowing Nintendo, they won't allow it...While we're at it, thrown in RDR 2 as well. Also, I'd like to see the Batman Arkham series released for the Switch as well.

GTA V on Switch would be dope, and if the truth of a 4K Switch on the horizon, it may be a possibility. Maybe even a re-release of RDR2 at some point. I'd totally welcome that.

I would love the rumors I've been hearing all year to be true and see Hatred get released on the Switch. I know it's not gonna happen, but a girl can dream can't she? Another that has been mentioned a couple times already is RDR2. That would be amazing to see released on Switch.

Edited by The Blackangel

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

GTA V on Switch would be dope, and if the truth of a 4K Switch on the horizon, it may be a possibility. Maybe even a re-release of RDR2 at some point. I'd totally welcome that.

Nintendo has this thing against extremely mature games like GTA and RDR 2 that just doesn't make much sense. The rumors of a GTA V port for the Switch has been around for YEARS and still nothing so it's unlikely to change anytime soon.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I would love the rumors I've been hearing all year to be true and see Hatred get released on the Switch. I know it's not gonna happen, but a girl can dream can't she? Another that has been mentioned a couple times already is RDR2. That would be amazing to see released on Switch.

As I just said to Kane, there has been rumors about that as well but Nintendo has always had this issue with extremely mature games like GTA and RDR so it's unlikely to change.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

As I just said to Kane, there has been rumors about that as well but Nintendo has always had this issue with extremely mature games like GTA and RDR so it's unlikely to change.

They're like Walmart in that regard. They consider themselves a "family company" and thus have to keep to a certain "child friendly" code of ethics. Code of ethics my ass. PlayStation and Xbox didn't suffer from having GTA and RDR on their systems. Quite the contrary. They grew their fan base exponentially. Prior to watching my girl play RDR2, I had absolutely zero interest in western games. They bored the hell out of me. Even when I was a bull rider, I didn't like them. Now, I'm a huge fan of at least that series and willing to give other westerns a shot. I picked up Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger a few months ago for Switch, and even though I'm not a fan of first person, it's a sweet game. And to be honest, if you play it and RDR2 both in first person there's not a hell of a lot of difference. The same vulgar language is used, the same graphic violence, the same criminal activity, the same substance abuse, the list goes on. So I'm wondering if it isn't some kind of licensing fight between Nintendo and Rockstar about these games, as opposed to their content.

On 12/19/2020 at 9:55 AM, The Blackangel said:

They're like Walmart in that regard. They consider themselves a "family company" and thus have to keep to a certain "child friendly" code of ethics. Code of ethics my ass. PlayStation and Xbox didn't suffer from having GTA and RDR on their systems. Quite the contrary. They grew their fan base exponentially. Prior to watching my girl play RDR2, I had absolutely zero interest in western games. They bored the hell out of me. Even when I was a bull rider, I didn't like them. Now, I'm a huge fan of at least that series and willing to give other westerns a shot. I picked up Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger a few months ago for Switch, and even though I'm not a fan of first person, it's a sweet game. And to be honest, if you play it and RDR2 both in first person there's not a hell of a lot of difference. The same vulgar language is used, the same graphic violence, the same criminal activity, the same substance abuse, the list goes on. So I'm wondering if it isn't some kind of licensing fight between Nintendo and Rockstar about these games, as opposed to their content.

It's not only Rockstar though, Mortal Kombat and others have suffered the same fate so it's the "too violent of a game" excuse which is weak especially in this time period. I totally agree with you that this decision to ban games like these from their platform is why Nintendo stunted their growth throughout the 2000s and if it wasn't for the Switch, Nintendo would've probably started to go the software route.

I have been covering a lot of nintendo switch games in the news section. I would say that a lot of new developers or you can say that indie developers are coming into the market. I'd say that in near future we would see a lot of games if the SDK and the exposure to indie dev is increased. 

On 10/24/2020 at 6:34 AM, skyfire said:

I mostly prefer the tower defense and the horror games. But such small devices often get more adventure, fantasy and the RPG games. 

YO more tower defence games on the Switch would be a dream! I heard there are a few out there already but I haven't really been persuaded to go out and buy them. Do you possibly have any recommendations?