Register Now
Kane99

Do you think we'll see a smaller PS5 later on?

Most Sony consoles came out with a second or third version, usually smaller. The PS1 had the PSone, which was a smaller version of the PlayStation, and was super cute. I owned the fat PS1, but always wanted to own the PSone version. Then the PS2 came about and dropped a slim model. The PS3 kind of changed it up, as I think they had multiple different versions. I think three in total, the original Spider-man font PS3, then the one we mostly know, the first slim, with a matte finish and then they did a smaller PS3 with a sliding disc tray you could open. 

As for the PS4, it had a the PS4 Slim and PS4 pro. 

My only concern, is that they made the PS5 look the way it is because of what's inside of it. So I wonder if they can put this machine into something smaller down the road. What do you think?

I'm sure they'll think up something. They always do. They'll make a more compact version of it and release it a year or two after the initial one launches. I'm curious as to what it would look like, as they always change it up a bit. But I'm absolutely positive that they'll do it.

There'll be a thinner version, without doubt. They already have all the components, all they have to do is figure out how to compress everything into a smaller device. It's a win-win for both the producer and consumer that wants a smaller device.

Looking at the PS5's motherboard, it looks pretty sparse and spread out.  I think they could definitely make this smaller:

ESVb1hNUMAIAu0T.jpg

Especially when you compare it to the board on the XBox Series X which looks much more dense:

xboxseriesx_tech_soc_022_mkt_1x1_rgb-100

Edited by Crazycrab

I don't think they will ever make the PlayStation 5 bigger considering how big it is already. I think it definitely makes sense for them to try and create a slimmer version that is smaller than the digital edition. It will be interesting to see whether it will have the same specs though.

11 hours ago, Darth said:

I don't think they will ever make the PlayStation 5 bigger considering how big it is already. I think it definitely makes sense for them to try and create a slimmer version that is smaller than the digital edition. It will be interesting to see whether it will have the same specs though.

I don't think anyone thought they release such a big system to start with 😛

and better not be worse specs, I won't like that at all. 

On 8/28/2020 at 6:01 PM, AndreiMirfi said:

I think it will make one, because since from the start, every PS had a Slim version.

Seriously, I believe that it's something that is very possible to happen in the future. Just like what happened with the generation of computers.