Register Now
Kane99

Do you like the design of the Xbox Series X?

The Xbox Series X is a weird little console. It's not like any other console we've seen. It kind of reminds me of these gaming speakers I had when I was a kid, just the sub-woofer part lol. Anyway, do you like the design? I personally don't mind it, I feel like it may help make room for other stuff on my entertainment center. Plus, it seems MS made it this way to make sure it worked as best it could. 

If you're worried about the size of the Series X, the Series S might be worth it. It's smaller, and will probably fit better on an entertainment center. 🙂 

On 8/28/2020 at 1:00 PM, AndreiMirfi said:

I'm one of the guys that says it looks like a refrigerator :))

Lol yeah, it does kind of look like a refrigerator, or a mini fridge lol. I still get a sub-woofer vibe from it. 

I can understand why people hate it. It doesn't really fit an entertainment center either. 

If you're a fan of simplicity you might like it, but what's to like about a box... Very lacklustre effort by Microsoft and whoever was behind designing the Xbox Series X. Series S is just a smaller box, but it has other appeals, lol.

I wouldn't say I hate it but I am not a big fan of it rectangular design making it look like a cpu from an old desktop computer. Though it has really good features but the design could have been tweeked to look more cooler though.

7 hours ago, Empire said:

Design doesn't matter for me, with anything you end up looking at a screen and play, you do not seat there looking at your RGB lights in your case 😛 

True, it's not like you need to see the console to fully enjoy it's capabilities. If anything out the darn thing on a shelf and you're good to go. Hell, put it behind a door if you're not a fan of the design. Most consoles imo kinda look dumb anyway. The PS4 and PS5 both kinda look dumb to me. But as long as it does it's job and does it good I don't care so much. 

I have no problem with the console design. The major thing is that I get to enjoy playing the games that I like on it, any other thing is secondary. I am not the type that focuses on how a console looks like as the major focus is on durability and how efficient it is. 

I love the design, but I guess I am one of the more biased ones with me being a huge Xbox fan. I know Venon have released a stand for the Xbox Series X that allow you to have it stood and you have an LED light on the stand and that looks absolutely awesome from what I have seen. I at the moment do not own one of the newer generation consoles but I am hoping to get an Xbox Series X when I can afford to and I will definitely snap up the stand as well as I think that would look cool with my setup. I have to agree though it does look like a mini fridge and the fact that Microsoft and Xbox took that and used it to release a mini fridge I feel was awesome! 

On 10/31/2022 at 4:58 PM, Shortie said:

I love the design, but I guess I am one of the more biased ones with me being a huge Xbox fan. I know Venon have released a stand for the Xbox Series X that allow you to have it stood and you have an LED light on the stand and that looks absolutely awesome from what I have seen. I at the moment do not own one of the newer generation consoles but I am hoping to get an Xbox Series X when I can afford to and I will definitely snap up the stand as well as I think that would look cool with my setup. I have to agree though it does look like a mini fridge and the fact that Microsoft and Xbox took that and used it to release a mini fridge I feel was awesome! 

I don't see anything wrong in the design simplicity is exotic and that's what the Xbox series X is, it looks simple but has this exotic feel since they aren't really easy to find and purchase.

At first I didn't, it looked like a PC tower or mini fridge to me. However, after owning one for awhile, it's grown on me quite a bit. Speaking of the "Mini Fridge" design, I would LOVE to get one of those xbox-branded mini fridges to keep some mountain dew in there for long game sessions at night.