Register Now
Kane99

Have you ever tried your hand at making your own mobile game?

On 3/8/2022 at 5:01 PM, Heatman said:

Copying 2K work with their wrestling games would be a great idea that's going to help you get it right to some extent. 

Hopefully not WWE 2K20 😄 

On 3/9/2022 at 12:58 AM, skyfire said:

I am definitely going with RPG as it has some of the good community out there and you can get small purchases. directly competing with big AAA games is hard so you have to start with small.

RPGs are a safe bet, and probably the easiest of the bunch, or so I would imagine. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Hopefully not WWE 2K20 😄 

RPGs are a safe bet, and probably the easiest of the bunch, or so I would imagine. 

They will be the most stupid thing to do in my opinion but it will also be something as well, at least a step even if it's a failure own. 

On 3/11/2022 at 12:24 AM, Kane99 said:

Yes in terms of community and people interest wise it's safe bet. making it is a bit complex too but sales wise I don't think they earn much.

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes in terms of community and people interest wise it's safe bet. making it is a bit complex too but sales wise I don't think they earn much.

There are so many companies and competitors in the market, that's going to be very difficult force for them in the market. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

There are so many companies and competitors in the market, that's going to be very difficult force for them in the market. 

Yes but people are not afraid to try out new games. All you need is to create some sort of buzz around the game.

For those who want to make use of the RPG games, there is one engine that allows you to make game using this engine:

https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/

and you can follow the tutorial like this to get an idea on how to use this engine to create RPG game.

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I think this software of RPG maker is mainly compatible for smart phones. Or it is also compatible for making console games? 

I think that it can work on anyone or mainly for PC and smartphone. I don't really know because I'm not planning to do it. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think that it can work on anyone or mainly for PC and smartphone. I don't really know because I'm not planning to do it. 

Okay, I heard you right, I'll be carrying out my own research around the RPG maker to see which of the device it is compatible on. 

On 3/13/2022 at 7:29 AM, skyfire said:

Yes but people are not afraid to try out new games. All you need is to create some sort of buzz around the game.

For those who want to make use of the RPG games, there is one engine that allows you to make game using this engine:

https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/

and you can follow the tutorial like this to get an idea on how to use this engine to create RPG game.

That's something which looks very interesting. I haven't considered doing that in the past but I'm thinking about it now. 

On 3/13/2022 at 12:09 PM, Justin11 said:

I think this software of RPG maker is mainly compatible for smart phones. Or it is also compatible for making console games? 

It's currently Window based if I am not wrong, maybe evne for mac. but the games made with it can be taken to the mobile devices.

35 minutes ago, skyfire said:

It's currently Window based if I am not wrong, maybe evne for mac. but the games made with it can be taken to the mobile devices.

Oh, that's wonderful, I'll try my best to see how it works for me in the future. I don't have windows device now, maybe I'll go cybercafe to test it out on a windows device. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

If they don't include the option of games made with it to be available on mobile devices, they are definitely not serious at all. 

On 3/15/2022 at 1:22 PM, Heatman said:

If they don't include the option of games made with it to be available on mobile devices, they are definitely not serious at all. 

It is possible but requires some level of understanding like converting game to HTML then converting that project to mobile. So it's possible and a lot of gamers have done it.

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

It is possible but requires some level of understanding like converting game to HTML then converting that project to mobile. So it's possible and a lot of gamers have done it.

Yeah, that's for sure. Once you get to have the knowledge on how it's done very well, I believe that it's something that you can do.