Register Now
Kane99

Have you ever tried your hand at making your own mobile game?

23 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's for sure. Once you get to have the knowledge on how it's done very well, I believe that it's something that you can do. 

Yes and I learn a lot from the developers on the itch.io website where mostly those RPG makers post their games.

3 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Yes and I learn a lot from the developers on the itch.io website where mostly those RPG makers post their games.

I'm definitely going to put in more time in watching developers on itch.io website. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm definitely going to put in more time in watching developers on itch.io website. 

Itch.io has some really good game developers.

Check the blogs to see what new games are coming there: https://itch.io/devlogs

You can definitely find them making simple games but they put on the source which makes it easy to do by following them. For example a lot of them make use of the godot engine that has the ways to make interesting games.

Just now, skyfire said:

Itch.io has some really good game developers.

Check the blogs to see what new games are coming there: https://itch.io/devlogs

You can definitely find them making simple games but they put on the source which makes it easy to do by following them. For example a lot of them make use of the godot engine that has the ways to make interesting games.

Thanks for sharing this with me. I'm going to try looking through it and hopefully it's going to give me the push I need. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

A lot of interesting things you can learn on the blogs of itch.io. The guys over there share some good stuff.

Like I also recently learned about one more game engine which is free.

https://solar2d.com/

I came across that when I was surfing through their page and it's very interesting. I like that a lot. 

You're really learning something wonderful through Solar 2D course for making video games, I admire the things you've shared about them so far. I went through the link, I am happy with what I saw there, I will be staying with downloadable Ms there, she learning from it's tutorial and develop my own tricks on how to build video games on mobile and other devices if their is more options. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

I have never tried but I would love to start one day. It wouldn't be a proper, serious mobile game that I would look at turning into a business. But something small and minor just for the fun of it to see if I can develop a mobile game properly.

9 hours ago, Darth said:

I have never tried but I would love to start one day. It wouldn't be a proper, serious mobile game that I would look at turning into a business. But something small and minor just for the fun of it to see if I can develop a mobile game properly.

It's a gradual process, and definitely you'll get there, it doesn't work over night, it is steady practice makes perfect, you should start somewhere. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It's a gradual process, and definitely you'll get there, it doesn't work over night, it is steady practice makes perfect, you should start somewhere. 

True. I guess the best starting point is some sort of course that will introduce you to the basics of developing an app such as placing texts, buttons and even creating a menu. And then once you have the basics down, you can move on to the gameplay elements.

19 hours ago, Darth said:

True. I guess the best starting point is some sort of course that will introduce you to the basics of developing an app such as placing texts, buttons and even creating a menu. And then once you have the basics down, you can move on to the gameplay elements.

You're very correct. I can't delve in immediately without basic ideas, or knowledge about app design. Going for a professional course is an option for me to embrace, or anyone interested.