Register Now
DylanC

Nintendo Officially Announces A Trio Of Super Mario 3D Remasters

This is great, but there is a rather baffling catch.

The games are only available until "approximately March 31st 2021". What's the point of only having these games as an exclusive to help sell both itself and a console only available for six months as opposed to having this game sell itself and the console for years to come? I suppose what they're thinking is only offering the games for sale for six months they'll temp more people to buy a Switch during the launch period of the PS5 and XBSX, but forcing fans to choose between spending money on a Switch and next-gen, people are going to choose next-gen. You can tell this is from the same idiots who thought making the NES Mini and SNES Mini in limited quantities was a good idea, and they lost potentially hundreds of thousands, if not millions of sales because of it.

Stop it, Nintendo. This idea of limiting availably to increase short term demand does not work out better in the end, it only pisses people off.

Edited by Shagger

On 9/4/2020 at 4:23 AM, Shagger said:

This is great, but there is a rather baffling catch.

The games are only available until "approximately March 31st 2021". What's the point of only having these games as an exclusive to help sell both itself and a console only available for six months as opposed to having this game sell itself and the console for years to come? I suppose what they're thinking is only offering the games for sale for six months they'll temp more people to buy a Switch during the launch period of the PS5 and XBSX, but forcing fans to choose between spending money on a Switch and next-gen, people are going to choose next-gen. You can tell this is from the same idiots who thought making the NES Mini and SNES Mini in limited quantities was a good idea, and they lost potentially hundreds of thousands, if not millions of sales because of it.

Stop it, Nintendo. This idea of limiting availably to increase short term demand does not work out better in the end, it only pisses people off.

Agreed, I think it would increase sales as well. Nintendo banks on nostalgia alot, and having a certain limited time to buy one of the forefathers of gaming, would make everyone sure to buy it instead of "waiting for a sale" or the likes

I just made a post on another thread about this.  FUCK NINTENDO!  Only having this so-called "Remake" on sale for six months plays right into the hands of scalping assholes.  A fan was making an amazing looking full remake on Mario 64 in Unreal Engine.  Instead of working with the guy they decided to issue a cease and desist and released a version that looks pretty much exactly the same as the origional.

Just remember when you are sucking to this company that this what your 6 months only limited time purchase of Mario 64 Remake COULD have looked like if Nintendo swallowed their pride and gave an actual fuck.

Edited by Crazycrab

Yeah, I'm happy they're bringing this out, but the whole March 2021 thing is bugging me. On top of that, these remasters don't change a whole lot it seems, they just made them look prettier, which is fine I suppose. I would love to see a remastered remake of Super Mario 64 in the style of Mario Odyssey or something. 

Just remaking your most successful game/series just seems lazy to me. Besides from Super Mario, there isn't much else unique to Nintendo and that's why, atleast for me, they are not on the same level as Microsoft('s Xbox) and Sony('s Playstation), especially the PS4.