Register Now
StaceyPowers

How often do you end up paying again to upgrade a game?

I feel a bit silly in that the first games I expect to buy for my PS5 are (assuming they are compatible) PS4 Dragon Age Inquisition (cause I missed out on a DLC on PS3) and BioShock The Collection (so I can play the remasters at last). It’s made me curious how much everyone here has spent simply purchasing new versions of old games you already paid for in the pat?

I've only bought a few. How much it would total up to, I have no clue. I bought Skyrim for my Switch, when I already had it for PS3, and I bought the remaster of Zelda: Links Awakening for Switch as well, when I already had it on Game Boy. I got the dual FF7/FF8 cartridge for Switch and the FFX/FFX2 cart also. I've got Witcher 3 on both Switch and Xbox One, but to be honest I'm not really sure how that one happened. Also I somehow got a hold of a dual cart of Zelda: Link To The Past and Zelda: Four Swords on my GBASP. I had Link To The Past on SNES, and 4 Swords on Game Cube. So some of these, no idea, others I definitely know why.

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Normally, I get the upgrades for free or reduced rates as I don't feel I should be paying full price for an upgraded version of a game I've had for years.

Normally I don't like upgrading all the time, maybe once for a video game, because I wouldn't have such time upgrading next time because newer version can pop up and I'll surely get enticed by that. 

On 9/30/2021 at 1:36 AM, Justin11 said:

I am simply fade up with playing my PS3 console, I am simply seeking for an upgrade, I believe I'll get it even if it will take me some time, I wouldn't mind. 

If you're ready fed up with playing on your Playstation 3, then you need to make plans on having it replaced as soon as you can. 

On 10/1/2021 at 9:57 AM, Heatman said:

If you're ready fed up with playing on your Playstation 3, then you need to make plans on having it replaced as soon as you can. 

Not that I'm totally fed up, but seeing the new franchise far ahead of mine I simply feel outdated. And that's why I want to upgrade at least to the second best PlayStation series. 

On 10/3/2021 at 3:33 PM, Justin11 said:

Not that I'm totally fed up, but seeing the new franchise far ahead of mine I simply feel outdated. And that's why I want to upgrade at least to the second best PlayStation series. 

It's an understandable feeling what you are going through still playing with your PS3 when we now have PS5 already. 

4 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's an understandable feeling what you are going through still playing with your PS3 when we now have PS5 already. 

Lol, its quite weird that I'm stuck with PS3 buddy. But I'm hoping to end the long association with PS3 sooner rather than later. 

On 10/2/2021 at 7:44 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I am even fade up with play station 4 talk more of going back to PS3 console, it will be egression for me. I simply want to get my hands in PS5. 

Well, save towards one and you'll be able to get it. It may take a year or two but you can do it.

On 10/3/2021 at 1:44 AM, Head_Hunter said:

I am even fade up with play station 4 talk more of going back to PS3 console, it will be egression for me. I simply want to get my hands in PS5. 

I don't really think that there is any gamer who moves backwards with his console usage. It's not something possible to me.