Register Now
StaceyPowers

Favorite armor customization systems?

What customization systems do you like best for upgrading your armor or altering its appearance? So far, I find Skyrim’s system most intuitive for practical upgrades, but I am addicted to Mass Effect 2’s easy system for altering the appearance of my armor (I am spending waaaay too much time switching up the colors).

Whilst I'm limited in the amount of good things I can say about Dragon's Dogma, the character creation system, even for an RPG, is unveiled. Gender, height, weight, visual age, facial features, skin colour, hair colour, hairstyle and even the BMI, there was nothing you couldn't change for both your character and your main pawn, meaning you got to play with the brilliant system twice!  The character customization even had gameplay effects, it was truly brilliant. It's a shame the rest of the game didn't hold up. This extends to weapons an armour as well,and whilst I have to admit the system isn't as easy to use to customize apprentice of items as the character itself, it makes up for that by offering so many options. The best armour custom system though, that's tough because so few games offer a good system, but FFXIV was pretty cool. You could do a lot of different things, but it took resources that were tedious to gather.

Edited by Shagger

On 9/6/2020 at 3:38 PM, The Blackangel said:

To be honest I haven't really gotten far enough into any games where armor customization comes into play yet other than Goblin Sword. But the armor in it is purely cosmetic, and nothing else. In Goblin Sword, it's the relics and weapons that make the difference.

You never really played Mass Effect or Final Fantasy game series? There is a lot armor customization systems available in the games. 

On 9/12/2021 at 1:52 AM, The Blackangel said:

I've played every Final Fantasy game. The only real customization is weapon upgrades.

I do agree with you on this one. It's the only customization that really gives you what you had it customized for. 

Dark Conspiracy. Armor has a rating that reduces damage while weapons have penetration that might negate some of the armor. Also, armor only covers certain parts of your body and since each attack rolls for a hit location your armor might not apply. Has anyone played Blades in the Dark, and what's that like regards customization systems

16 minutes ago, Empire said:

Dark Conspiracy. Armor has a rating that reduces damage while weapons have penetration that might negate some of the armor. 

I believe that's actually the main basics that both armor and weapons upgrades/customization offers. If after the customization and they never other something uniquely good, then the customization is useless. 

On 9/23/2021 at 12:38 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Adventure games it's basically on upgrade of the weapons and coding amours for life support when ever you're facing daunting task fighting with the enemies. 

Yeah - it's actually the same thing with shooting games too. The upgrades are what enables you to match up against your enemies. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I alter my motorcycle GP look, by buying more helmet, and changing the colour of the Motorcycle, upgrading it when I am fed up with the features when I'm losing whopping to AI. 

Actually, the helmet ⛑ and color isn't the best thing to upgrade if you want to have added advantage over your opponents. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Actually, the helmet ⛑ and color isn't the best thing to upgrade if you want to have added advantage over your opponents. 

I know it isn't the best one buddy, but it's still okay to protect your character from hitting his or her head akwardly when tumble occurs. 

Upgrade the GP cost more points to get the ones with higher shook and higher nitro for speech booster. 

Edited by Justin11

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

I know it isn't the best one buddy, but it's still okay to protect your character from hitting his or her head akwardly when tumble occurs. 

Upgrade the GP cost more points to get the ones with higher shook and higher nitro for speech booster. 

Alright - I was thinking it's necessary to make the point because no matter how you upgraded the helmet ⛑, once the player falls off the bike, the damage is done already.