Register Now
Kane99

The Avengers even worth it?

I've been hearing a lot about the new Avengers game, and how it's essentially a Destiny clone. I've been watching YouTubers discuss how it's just a micro-transaction mess with emotes costing upwards of $10-15. Just everything they're doing, feels like a cash grab. 

Do you plan to play it? I was very hopeful for this game, but when it turned out to be something like Destiny, I changed my mind. I see no point in buying this game. I might get it on sale years later just to take on the story, but once done, I'm done. I have a feeling this game has very minimal replay value. 

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.  It upsets me because it was developed by Crystal Dynamics who we know can make superb single player experiences as shown with their efforts on the revampt Tomb Raider.  This is a sad situation where I'm certain they were in the process of designing an Avengers single player or possible co-op experience but were forced at figurative gunpoint to make a cash grab piece of shit "live service" bollocks.

I've seen some reviews and it seems to be everything I feared it would be, a note for note clone of Anthem or Destiny and It pisses me off because It's obvious this studio is capable os SO much better.

Edited by Crazycrab

On 9/6/2020 at 11:58 AM, Crazycrab said:

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you.  It upsets me because it was developed by Crystal Dynamics who we know can make superb single player experiences as shown with their efforts on the revampt Tomb Raider.  This is a sad situation where I'm certain they were in the process of designing an Avengers single player or possible co-op experience but were forced at figurative gunpoint to make a cash grab piece of shit "live service" bollocks.

I've seen some reviews and it seems to be everything I feared it would be, a note for note clone of Anthem or Destiny and It pisses me off because It's obvious this studio is capable os SO much better.

I don't think it's Crystal Dynamics fault though. If Crystal Dynamics had a choice, I bet they would have done a lot different. This is just Square Enix wanting to make extra cash through micro-transactions. I was hoping this game was going to be on the level of The Batman Arkham Series, or the Spider-Man game. But not some Destiny rip-op. 

20 hours ago, ARx182 said:

I've not played The Avengers (way too expensive) and the reviews I've seen are mixed. Maybe if the price fell drastically, but I'm not sure it's that good. The hype died very quickly too.

I think there are Marvel comics fans who may like it. and also over the period of times the graphics improved a lot too. so there is definitely hype.