Register Now
Kane99

Will Cyberpunk 2077 be game of the year for 2020?

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out this November. I have my pre-order set and can't wait to play. Who here is picking it up? Do you think it's going to be 2020's game of the year? I am hopeful it turns out to be an awesome game, with an awesome story and great characters, but I am worried it's going to be over hyped. 

What do you think? Is it a contender? I suppose we'll find out when it releases. 

It can be a contender. But it has it's work cut out if it wants to dethrone TLOU2 for me.

I do think it is overhyped, especially by fans of the Witcher 3.

But I have a suspicion that there will be a lot of angry fanboys who don't get what they expect. This won't be Witcher3 with a cyberpunk skin, but a completely different and better game.

And all my suspicions and hopes about The Last of Us 2 came true, so I'm feeling lucky.

I hope it will be more similar to DeusEx and Alpha Protocol

Edited by m76

It seems that it has everything it takes to be game of the year but you can't be certain that will it be game of the year for 2020 or 2021. The game release date has been gone forward four times this year and its latest release date is 10 December 2020 and while it is almost certain that there will be no more delays as cyberpunk team officially once again confirmed that the game will be released on 10 December by putting the date on their twitter cover photo.

Let's slow down a bit everyone. I mean, the game hasn't even been released yet. How do we know that it won't suffer another delay and come out in 2021 instead? The leaks are very promising and it's CD Projekt Red - they usually make quality games (optimization is a bit of an issue at times though *cough* Witcher 3 *cough*).

If they keep on delaying it tyen people are going to be so fedup with the game before it gets released 😛 then again I like how they want to have a full new game out with no errors or bugs and so having a great start will be good to a point. Like most games I not going to get it right away till others played the game then I think to myself if it's worth it or not.  

Going to be the 2021 game of the years hype now??  isn't it?  Yes or Maybe

On 11/16/2020 at 8:52 AM, skyfire said:

Yes i have to agree on this.. I have seen this happening with some of the small games.

It's definitely coming on December 10th so have some patience. Besides, all the leaked gameplay footage in the past few weeks has really made many of us anticipate some more.

Maybe no, the game has been in process since years, lot of games came after its first trailer, delayed many times, yet it was served as a "Bug simulator" for people, devs still blame people for rushing them out when the game was in development for ages...

Well I don't think it'll be winning any game of the year awards after the launch it went through. Does it deserve to win any awards? I think in some regards yes, but I think the problems it had, is going to weigh it down big time.

Edited by Kane99

After the game has been launched, I find it quite amusing and interesting. I think it could be the advance GTA everyone is thinking of.

I will be see more of the game this year hopefully,a lot of gaming community are streaming the game around the social media platforms.

9 minutes ago, Syntax said:

The answer now that we are in 2021, hell no. Poor launch for sure. I'll be curious though to see what game does get the title or is in the running list for game of 2020.

I think it should qualify for the 2021 awards since it came out late, but even so. I don't think it deserves a win for best game. I think for 2020, that's probably going to go to that game Hades or The Last of US 2. For 2021, it's wide open. I'm sure there's going to be a slew of great games to compete with Cyberpunk 2077.