Register Now
Crazycrab

XBox has finally annnounced the price of Next Gen... Sort of...

image.png.16fdb74de514ed5f6af8941a4997f408.png

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1303230071033880576

Not exactly the announcement we are waiting for but today XBox has officially announced that the cheaper, less powerful XBox Series S has an ERP of $299.  To be honest this product seems pretty much pointless to me because at 4TFlops GPU performance this isn't even as capable as the current XBox One X.  Not to mention that there are literally zero Series X/S exclusive games at launch.

Hopefully, this means that we will get more official announcements regarding pricing and release date od next-gen hardware soon.  Do you think this product is worth considering?

53 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Did they scrap the original design? Or is the Xbox X still a concrete block, while this one is at the very least not going to make a persons eyes bleed?

The XBox Series X is still the same, this is the Series S.

Some more media has come out.  The announcement date for the Series S  has been confirmed to be November 10th.  They haven’t confirmed the Series X yet but for now, I'd assume it to be the same.  @The Blackangel the following trailer also shows the size comparison between the two.

So far the price is only known for the Xbox Series S. The Xbox Series X hasn't officially been announced with a price just yet, but rumors are stating it's expected to cost $499 or so. Which I am kind of good with. I would get the Series S, but I want to be able to take advantage of the backwards compatibility. 

Well now it's offical.  The XBox series X will release alongside the Series S on November 10 at a ERP of $499.  You can pre order from September 22nd.

image.png.b038c127a7f1ed0affb8581a4c9e04ce.png

Well Sony, I guess it's your move now.  Do you think the PS5 will match the price of the Series X or do you think they might try to sqeeze out a bit more?