Register Now
Kane99

Good Gaming Phones

I am only aware of the Razer brand of gaming phones, but I know there are other companies out there trying their hand at making them as well. What are some other good gaming phones worth checking out? The Razer Phone 2 from what I see is going for around $900 or so. 

I imagine the newer phones on the marker from Samsung and Apple are going to be able to play some games too. 

On 9/9/2020 at 4:03 AM, skyfire said:

ASUS ROG Phones are perfect because they have better phone builds and also perfect for the gaming based on the configuration they offer. 

Nice, I'll have to look into that. 🙂

4 hours ago, ARx182 said:

Gaming phones, I didn't think they were a big thing. What kind of games are you looking to play on a gaming phone? Can an iPhone/a regular phone not run those games? Questions to consider. 

Oh yeah, phones are becoming more and more powerful and can play some decent games. Right now I'm considering Pubg and COD mobile. Of course, with each new phone release, better games are going to be coming out. I'm just waiting for the day when I can play stuff like GTA V on a phone without having to use something like xcloud. 

Oh and I think a lot of those games work on the newer iphone/android phones. It's just that they're not always 100% perfect for them. 

The Nubia Redmagic and Xiaomi Black Shark 3 are good gaming phones from what I've heard. To be honest, gaming phones are more of a gimmick right now because they offer negligible benefits over regular phones with plenty of drawbacks such as heating among other things.

Asus rog comes to my mind. Yet best overall is the Samsung Galaxy series phones like the S20 🙂 and they be more trustworthy then a phone that has the game in the heading. So much best 5 gaming phones you can read and look at online.

On 1/12/2021 at 3:01 AM, skyfire said:

I think samsung is good but after looking at their build you would realize they don't have strong make like the ROG and the Xiaomi blackshark. they are more of premium business level phones than gaming. 

Ironically, Samsung and other smartphones are way better all-round choices compared to gaming phones simply because gaming phones have so many drawbacks and negligible benefits so getting a gaming phone isn't necessary unless you are a hardcore mobile gamer.

On 1/24/2021 at 11:15 AM, killamch89 said:

Ironically, Samsung and other smartphones are way better all-round choices compared to gaming phones simply because gaming phones have so many drawbacks and negligible benefits so getting a gaming phone isn't necessary unless you are a hardcore mobile gamer.

Yes casual phone usage does not require gaming phones. Gaming phones are only good considering the heat management and the battery is lot better with those phones and that's why those phones are lot better too. 

On 1/26/2021 at 3:23 AM, skyfire said:

Yes casual phone usage does not require gaming phones. Gaming phones are only good considering the heat management and the battery is lot better with those phones and that's why those phones are lot better too. 

I completely disagree because there are countless YouTube videos showing that Gaming phones barely outperform regular phones because they use most of the same specs as high-end flagships with significant drawbacks such poorer interfaces, terrible cameras, and not waterproof. I'll keep saying it that Gaming Phones as of now are only a gimmick.