Register Now
m76

The Windows/Microsoft Store is still useless

I wouldn't even think this would be allowed to be modded, even under two years of playing you still can get your money back on steam 🙂 it's after two years that you have no choice to keep it 🙂 sad life 😞 

On 12/17/2020 at 2:40 AM, skyfire said:

I think buying from MS store, they also have pretty less number of game listing. so it's not worth the effort either way. 

Microsoft's support for most of their platforms is pretty terrible. You remember how they used to have their own App store and windows phones? I had one and using their app store was such a horrifying experience.

On 12/19/2020 at 12:53 PM, DudeThatsErin said:

I had no idea about the modding, myself, until my husband purchased Cyberpunk 2077 and now he went through steam and they denied his refund. That is insane that they don't allow any kind of modding.

Steeam doesn't allow modding? Or Cyberpunk 2077? Because there are so many moddable games on Steam right now...

I would avoid using the MS Store - it was only added to become a tablet like app/game experience with Windows 8, which is why it runs and feels so off on a desktop. Definitely would try using third party stores since I've had a few games disappear that I can't find, but MS Store says is installed after updates. 

There are some good uses of it though. Like if you want to install small Linux on the windows 10. You can definitely use the store. As there are lot of softwires which are easy to use with the other things like small software which can be easily installed. 

Not only is it useless sometimes, but it also can ruin your gaming experience. I can't play minecraft because my windows didn't update correctly and I get stuck at the loading screen of the game. It is annoying as the only thing working is reinstalling windows...and I am not gonna do that on a weekly base.