Register Now
Kane99

Xbox Series S likely won’t be able to run Xbox One X enhanced content, it’s claimed

Source - https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/xbox-series-s-likely-wont-be-able-to-run-xbox-one-x-content-its-claimed/

I hope this is not true. But according to this article, the Xbox Series S might not be able to play some content, including some Xbox One X enhanced content. They also state that some Xbox One and 360 games may have problems playing. The article also states, that if you can play these games on the Series S, it won't be the upgraded versions with 4K visuals. 

I'm hoping this isn't true, as I am tempted to buy the Series S. But I suppose at that price, they had to do some cuts. 

I can't say I'm shocked by this. The Series S isn't even as powerful as the Xbox One X, so obviously it has limits with its capability. Honestly, it's a stupid console that looks like something one would talk to whilst ordering fast-food from the diver's seat.

still-image-xbox-series-s-3-front-view-console-controller-1599727001.png.c6f3a43065f5a0b8d7fe4176b6a56718.png

6 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

What’s the actual point/goal of the series S?

If you ask me, it's to provide an entry level compatibility option for XBSX games and features. It makes sense for someone who has no intention to upgrade to a TV more compatible with the XBSX (or PS5) anytime soon, and that actually makes sense given that such a TV would cost at least $1500 atm. That's my theory, anyway.

still-image-xbox-series-s-3-front-view-console-controller-1599727001.png

"Hello Angels"

All:  Hello Charlie!!

"Today Microsoft released details on the XBox Series S, your mission to investigate what exactly the point of it is"

Dylan:  WHAT!!!  This isn't mission impossible!!!

Natallie:  I can't even play my CD's on this thing!!!!

Alex:  They are BLUEBERRY!!!!

I'd probably go for the S over the X. It's significantly cheaper and there's very little difference between them. The lack of a disc tray isn't an issue for me as I don't often buy physical media. I don't have a 4K TV so that's pointless too. The X is more powerful but not overly. As an entry level machine, Microsoft might have seen a way to beat Sony for once.

On 9/11/2020 at 4:34 PM, Shagger said:

If you ask me, it's to provide an entry level compatibility option for XBSX games and features. It makes sense for someone who has no intention to upgrade to a TV more compatible with the XBSX (or PS5) anytime soon, and that actually makes sense given that such a TV would cost at least $1500 atm. That's my theory, anyway.

Pretty much this. I'm not one to go crazy for graphics anymore. Games on a standard 1080p tv look good enough to me, so a 4K TV imo, isn't always needed. And having the upgraded graphic and visuals isn't always needed, at least imo. 

It's a budget console, that's the key here. It will play the games, it just won't be as pretty as it is on the Series X. But I'm cool with that. 

On 9/13/2020 at 12:09 PM, Kane99 said:

It's a budget console, that's the key here. It will play the games, [color=red]it just won't be as pretty as it is on the Series X[/color]. But I'm cool with that. 

I agree. That makes no difference to me if it's prettier on a slightly different version of the same machine. It feels like a PS4/PS4 PRO situation. I have a PS4 simply because I didn't want to spend the extra money for a PS4 PRO. I don't really see any difference between the two personally, so I saw no point in spending an extra $150 for the same damn machine.