Register Now
_B_

Anyone here planning on getting Fifa 21?

Set to come out on the 6th October, I want to hear whether any of you are thinking of getting it. Personally, I've not been bothered since Fifa 15 as it is just a waste of money with EA just finding every opportunity to make some money. FUT is P2W and to actually get somewhere with it, you need to spend a lot of money. It's just boring now and imo, declining for a while.

27 minutes ago, Shagger said:

To hell with this franchise. They're always the same. Just the previous years game with an updated team roster loaded with some of the most predatory microtransactions the industry. 

I share your frustration with Fifa and EA in general. The fact that people still get this game really does bewilder me as it pretty much has remained the same since FIFA 15. The only real changes are EA looking for more ways to get your money...

On 9/12/2020 at 5:42 PM, Shagger said:

To hell with this franchise. They're always the same. Just the previous years game with an updated team roster loaded with some of the most predatory microtransactions the industry. 

I've seen that you never liked FIFA game series, you've always made your intentions known to it, Lol. That's your choice, everyone has choice and I respect it. 

58 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I've seen that you never liked FIFA game series, you've always made your intentions known to it, Lol. That's your choice, everyone has choice and I respect it. 

It's not that I've never liked it, but I must admit it's been at least two decades since I was genuinely interested. However, that also means I remember when the franchise was worth a damn. Back when the how radically different the tech was from one generation to the next meant the developers actually had to try. Before the absolutely vile monetisation schemes that are a now an inoperable tumor too deep into the body of the game to be removed were even so much as an idea.

There are a couple of things that haven't changed, though. FIFA is not a choice, it's a lack of options. The monopoly EA holds with sports titles has been the bane of fans of these kinds of games for decades, whether they know it or not. It's also a habit. People buy the game year after year because it's what they, as fans of soccer/football, are supposed to do. They're compelled, as if it's written in thier programming. EA know this and even cement this mentality by resetting progression every time a new FIFA comes out. To EA, the player base are seeds they plant to harvest and not a damn thing more.

This is not the way a gamer behaves. It's barely how a human being behaves. Gamers want and demand the very best out of the games they love, they don't "surrender to the programming" publishers desperately want them to and accept whatever they get. It's like an even deeper version of the fanboy mentality. FIFA is not a gamer's game, not even slightly. It exists for soccer fans, or to put it in a way more akin to modern FIFA, to exploit soccer fans.

And you know what, it's the game's fans that are ultimately to blame for it because they put up with it, or even worse defend it year after year. Ironically, it's soccer fans in real life that provide the perfect example of how EA's FIFA fans should be behaving. When thier team, players or managers fuck up, the fans aren't the least bit shy about letting them know. They don't put up with excuses or accept less. You can agree or disagree with the manner some of them "express" themselves, but the point is that it's passion and love for the game and thier favourite teams that fuels all of it, so why can't FIFA fan's show thier passion by standing up and saying "We have had enough!" ?. Gamers did that with Battlefront 2 and won, it can happen.

Soccer fans can stand up, gamer's can stand up, so I don't understand why fan's of EA's FIFA lay down.

Edited by Shagger

8 minutes ago, Shagger said:

It's not that I've never liked it, but I must admit it's been at least two decades since I was genuinely interested. However, that also means I remember when the franchise was worth a damn. Back when the how radically different the tech from one generation to the next was meant the developers actually had to try. Before the absolutely vile monetisation schemes that are a now an inoperable tumor too deep into the body of the game to be removed were even so much as an idea.

There are a couple of things that haven't changed, though. FIFA is not a choice, it's a lack of options. The monopoly EA holds with sports titles has been the bane of fans of these kinds of games for decades, whether they know it or not. It's also a habit. People buy the game year after year because it's what they, as fans of soccer/football, are supposed to do. They're compelled, as if it's written in thier programming. EA know this and even cement this mentality by resetting progression every time a new FIFA comes out. To EA, the player base are seeds they plant to harvest and not a damn thing more.

This is not the way a gamer behaves. It's barely how a human being behaves. Gamers want and demand the very best out of the games they love, they don't "surrender to the programming" publishers desperately want them to and accept whatever they get. It's like an even deeper version of the fanboy mentality. FIFA is not a gamer's game, not even slightly. It exists for soccer fans, or to put it in a way more akin to modern FIFA, to exploit soccer fans.

And you know what, it's the game's fans that are ultimately to blame for it because they put up with it, or even worse defend it year after year. Ironically, it's soccer fans in real life that provide the perfect example of how EA's FIFA fans should be behaving. When thier team, players or managers fuck up, the fans aren't the least bit shy about letting them know. They don't put up with excuses or accept less. You can agree or disagree with the manner some of them "express" themselves, but the point is that it's passion and love for the game and thier favourite teams that fuels all of it, so why can't FIFA fan's show thier passion by standing up and saying "We have had enough!" ?. Gamers did that with Battlefront 2 and won, it can happen.

Soccer fans can stand up, gamer's can stand up, so I don't understand why fan's of EA's FIFA lay down.

The information you put up here is top notch. Such poor run of EA FIFA editions made me turning my back at them recently focusing more on racing, and actions, adventures. 

I think it's hard time EA FIFA gamers stand on their feet to protest about the repetitive poor gameplay of FIFA in their recent editions. EA FIFA isn't getting it right this time, coupled with their nicro-transaction policy which ruins it all. I am deeply a soccer lover, but I would say the gameplay is realistic anymore. They need to dig down and correct the gameplay make it realistic like the real world football matches. 

3 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Now that FIFA 22 is officially launched, I don't think any one would be willing though chasing after FIFA 21 when the new edition is available. 

Well this thread was made last year so of course the answers on the thread would reflect that.

I genuinely can't remember the last FIFA I played.. It's been a while! 😅

I kinda lost interest when they introduced FUT and microtransactions. It immediately felt like a greedy move from EA, and a huge grind otherwise.

---

I'm sure I've read somewhere that EA may potentially lose the "FIFA" name as they're not willing to pay the financial demands of UEFA for the license.