Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever think Call of Duty will end?

Call of Duty has been a yearly released game since COD 4 I believe. And ever since the franchise continues to grow. You can argue it's lost some popularity, but it seems with each new release more people jump into it. There were times where I absolutely hated Call of Duty, but now, I can't get enough of Modern Warfare and am looking forward to Black Ops Cold War. It feels like things are going back to the way it used to be, and it's kind of exciting. Anyway, do you think COD will ever end? 

Right now, there are three studios working on COD, Treyarch, and Infinity Ward work on their own games, while Ravensoft in the past did their own games (Advanced Warfare) and have been helping Infinity Ward and Treyarch to make their games lately. 

This franchise has lost all spirit and only sells through it's name. There was a time COD was revolutionary, but then they added jetpacks to answer to Titanfall, made Black Ops 4 a multiplayer only title with BR because of the success of PUBG and Fortnight and added aggressive microtransactions because it's Activation and in their mind that was becoming acceptable. 

To summarize, Call of Duty, what was once the gold standard and trend setter in multiplayer and FPS gameplay is now a trend follower. A cash cow that has no value beyond its own name, and even that name has limited credibility now.

So in answer to the question, we can only hope it dies. Call of Duty itself can't even live up to Call of Duty any more.

Edited by Shagger

Now that they have recently moved to the mobile and the tablets. I don't see they ending in next 5 years. Unless ofcourse some CEO scandal happens and the thing about the game may end up in wrong ditch. I guess in that case they may get in trouble but the closure is less likely now. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

With how much it's selling for a while now, I'm not sure it's going to be dying anytime soon because the name alone sells the franchise. 

The game has just been gaining momentum now. I don't see any reason to why Activision would be in a hurry to shut launching further episodes. Rockstar's GTA and Activision's COD will keep on launching newer versions. 😊

4 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

The game has just been gaining momentum now. I don't see any reason to why Activision would be in a hurry to shut launching further episodes. Rockstar's GTA and Activision's COD will keep on launching newer versions. 😊

If Activision show their financial record of what they make from the COD franchise, no one would ever call for the termination of the game. 

On 1/24/2021 at 6:15 PM, Patrik said:

Considering that it's too popular, brings many sales and still doing well, i don't think it's gonna end any sooner, i mean that's a lot of money to generate, why would they make the faucet stop pouring money 😛

The company would never be too stupid to make the mistake of pulling the plug on the game because it will cost them so much than they expected.