Register Now
Kane99

I'd love to start a team

I'm no pro gamer by any means, but I think it would be awesome to start a team and actually get into tournaments and events. Who knows, maybe we have a chance depending on the game. I think being eports gamer alone is way too anxiety educing. I'd rather play along with a team, at least this way it takes a bit of the pressure off. Well, unless I'm like the last person alive. 

Anyway, would you ever start your own esports team? Even if your team aren't pro gamers? I think it'd be fun either way. 

On 9/13/2020 at 10:19 AM, Kane99 said:

I'm no pro gamer by any means, but I think it would be awesome to start a team and actually get into tournaments and events. Who knows, maybe we have a chance depending on the game. I think being eports gamer alone is way too anxiety educing. I'd rather play along with a team, at least this way it takes a bit of the pressure off. Well, unless I'm like the last person alive. 

Anyway, would you ever start your own esports team? Even if your team aren't pro gamers? I think it'd be fun either way. 

Sure let's roll with it. The plan should be for World Titles on Gears of War 5 and prep for 6 when it comes out.

Currently I am no good at COD and I once had a team of four Players, I had only 27 kills others had 21, 17 and 5 Kills with damages above 5000. Lol

I haven't played on multiplayer in a while, it would take some time to be able to get back on track with the multiplayer mode.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

Currently I am no good at COD and I once had a team of four Players, I had only 27 kills others had 21, 17 and 5 Kills with damages above 5000. Lol

I haven't played on multiplayer in a while, it would take some time to be able to get back on track with the multiplayer mode.

And let alone competing in esports edition, I'll say, you should take your time to strengthen your overall performance, so you can be competitive enough when your career go into esports. 

On 8/19/2022 at 10:59 AM, Clasher said:

You also don't want to waste too much time in one division because competitive play for games outside of fighting games can often have several limitations. Several years ago, most of the COD tournaments in the Advanced Warfare era really just focused on one type of gameplay mode. Fighting games generally let you pick whoever you want, with whatever tools you want, and you're aloud to play any way you want.

Some newer people might think that they can just cheese their way through an elite tournament with spamming but that doesn't work because fighting games are based on math and frame data. There's math involved in throwing out a fireball or projectile, for example, and all a pro has to do is know how to counter that math with better math and touch you one time with a full combo punish that could result in 40% damage or more each time they touch you just single time (depending on the fighting game). That means that someone could just open you up 2 or 3 times clean and your entire bar is gone, whether you try to spam or not. So in that sense spamming is generally welcomed in tournaments, but frowned down upon in certain circumstances as people are looking for a showcase of skill and its quite frankly easier to beat people with combos.

Edited by ForwardSlashDownPoke

If I am to own a team in esports industry I'll form it around League of Legends or Rocket league, that's the games I love under esports. I know it wouldn't be easy going for me due to the fact, their are top teams out there who will pose a major challenge via any of those games in esports. 

On 8/21/2022 at 6:01 AM, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

You also don't want to waste too much time in one division because competitive play for games outside of fighting games can often have several limitations. Several years ago, most of the COD tournaments in the Advanced Warfare era really just focused on one type of gameplay mode. Fighting games generally let you pick whoever you want, with whatever tools you want, and you're aloud to play any way you want.

Some newer people might think that they can just cheese their way through an elite tournament with spamming but that doesn't work because fighting games are based on math and frame data. There's math involved in throwing out a fireball or projectile, for example, and all a pro has to do is know how to counter that math with better math and touch you one time with a full combo punish that could result in 40% damage or more each time they touch you just single time (depending on the fighting game). That means that someone could just open you up 2 or 3 times clean and your entire bar is gone, whether you try to spam or not. So in that sense spamming is generally welcomed in tournaments, but frowned down upon in certain circumstances as people are looking for a showcase of skill and its quite frankly easier to beat people with combos.

Very interesting, fighter games in a competitive level seems a lot more fun and with less chances of spamming or some other forms of gameplay that includes just hiding around in vegetative areas, buildings and whatsoever waiting for the unlucky player that would walk straight into that trap and be terminated (this strategy do work in COD but if you encounter someone with Better skills you still might not survive).

For fighter games you could choose a player and be paired up to fight in a match with another player and you maneuver or do some tricks you just have to calculative and play with the sole intent of defeating that player in front of you like in mortal Kombat . I know mortal Kombat isn't classified as an MMO but there is an online mode, I could be wrong though.

On 9/20/2021 at 1:41 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Here in my country E-sports career isn't as popular like how it is popular in europe. That's why we aren't taking it as a real business to get into earn with our team and preparing for major tournament with opposing teams. 

That is the same challenge we face here. I have seen USA and countries like Germany take it very seriously and I wish I am staying in that country.