Register Now
Kane99

Ever lose a friend because of a game?

I have not lost a friend because of a game, but years ago I ended up straining a friendship. So this is kind of dumb lol. But my friend and I were playing GTA IV Online. We thought it would be funny to troll people, by bringing them all the way out to the ocean saying we found a glitch. When we did, we'd inform them to jump off the boat and they did. We'd of course jump off to make it look good and quickly get back on and drive away. We pissed a lot of people off doing this. Though I think we got the idea from others who did it, the prank started to get noticed and people stopped falling for it. 

Anyway, my friend and I tried to do it to each other, and for some reason, we got into an argument about it and stopped talking for a couple days. No joke. It's one of the dumbest things ever looking back at it. But we clearly were dumb teens back then, because looking back it was so juvenile and lame. lol

Ever lose a friend because of a game? 

I know this sounds funny, but I almost lost a friendship 3 years ago with someone because of Roblox. I had for the first time robux, and I showed my new avatar to him. He got so mad, because he thought I was bragging.

He blocked me, and I was very sad because of it.

After 4 days, he came to me and apologized to me because of his reaction and we lived happily ever after :))

I'm glad to hear that you reunited with your friend after a disagreement. I have never lost a friend because of something that has happened while gaming. I hope this never happens to me as I'll always try to keep the boundary between a hobby and a friendship.

Edited by Alexander.

I don't know if I would say I lost a friendship, but there was a time when things were tense. When i was a teenager, I was a master at games like Street fighter 2, Mortal Kombat, and Killer Instinct. I would go over to the neighbors house and we would spend the day gaming. They would kick my ass on games like Mario Kart. But when we got into fighting games, I slaughtered them. They couldn't take it, so things got tense and I would always end up leaving. They beat me at everything else, but couldn't handle a girl kicking their ass at a fighting game. Boys are so sensitive.

I could say that I lost the same friendships I built through MUDs, since in-game events inevitably were woven into the growth and decay of the out-of-game relationships. My BFF in high school also cold-shouldred me for months after she quit the game we were playing, and didn’t talk to me again until I quit too.

On 9/30/2020 at 7:36 AM, ARx182 said:

There was this computer game called Fight My Monster when I was a kid that I played with friends and we stole each other's monsters, so that obvious lead to a few fall outs but thankfully no permanent damage haha.

My friends deleted my Pokemon save once because I used to whoop them at Pokemon. We did have our fallout but it wasn't permanent either.

On 1/24/2021 at 12:14 PM, Patrik said:

None of my offline friends do gaming, but i lost a lot of online friends because of games, just because they cheated lol, i really hate cheaters (like pretty much everyone else)

Cheaters is a no-go!

On 1/24/2021 at 6:14 PM, Patrik said:

None of my offline friends do gaming, but i lost a lot of online friends because of games, just because they cheated lol, i really hate cheaters (like pretty much everyone else)

Seriously, no one likes cheaters. I have lost some online games friends. Recently, the ones that I made from playing Top Eleven Football Manager simply because I didn't support his matches. 

56 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, no one likes cheaters. I have lost some online games friends. Recently, the ones that I made from playing Top Eleven Football Manager simply because I didn't support his matches. 

You can always find new ones - However, most of the ones that I currently game with have been around a decade ago or more and we've played many games together.

5 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

You can always find new ones - However, most of the ones that I currently game with have been around a decade ago or more and we've played many games together.

Of course yes, I have over 1000 new ones that I can't even support their matches who don't even care about it like I don't either.