Register Now
Alexander.

Talking to strangers

That is a moot point for me. I don't talk to people unless I'm forced to. Posting on this forum is the closest I come to talking to people when it comes to gaming. I do have a friend that I have emailed with for a while. Initially we matched due to our love of gaming, but have clicked on other topics. So while it was initially gaming that got us talking, we became friends on life views and experiences.

I will say that it feels weird as fuck to have someone that I can call a friend. I've never been able to do that before.

Yeah I don't usually talk to people online. I tend to stay in a party by myself. Or, if I do game, it's usually with my friends. I don't like meeting new people on games anyway. Had to deal with too much of the annoying lobbies back in the day. Especially call of duty, which was full of people saying idiotic stuff. 

Part of the reason I don't game online is because I can't be bothered to talk to strangers. But if I must I prefer typing over voice. I don't even have a mic, and I'll never get one for my PC.

I prefer single player games. No chance for NPCs to try and chat you up.

Edited by m76

If you are the age of 1 to 13 years old then talking to strangers is a bad idea and you break your own mums of all rules 😛 hear that al the time 😛 

But if you work in retail and you have to serve people then talking to strangers is on going everyday, not a big deal. Meet now people that way. MAybe get a girl to have fun with in bed 😛 

As far as I'm concerned, I don't really have any issues with talking to anyone be it a fellow gamer or just a random person as long as there is something that linked us up to start with. I actually like getting along with lots of gaming folks on Discord. 

10 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I mean you are talking to us now and you don't know any of us in real life and you talk to us perfectly fine. Ultimately, there's not a lot of harm that usually comes from interacting with people in-game. 

Exactly, it's only when you get into talks with a toxic fellow online, you can easily know that almost immediately. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, it's only when you get into talks with a toxic fellow online, you can easily know that almost immediately. 

Yeah - it's usually some 12 yr old telling you about your mom and cursing repetitively or the basement dweller who has no life so acts high and mighty in-game.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - it's usually some 12 yr old telling you about your mom and cursing repetitively or the basement dweller who has no life so acts high and mighty in-game.

Exactly, it's why when I happen to bump into such set of people online, I know exactly already how to deal with them and it's to 💯% ignore them.