Register Now
Alexander.

How do you clean your keys?

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Personally, I do make use of the tips and steps in the video to clean my keyboard and it's very effective and easy. 

This is an extremely thorough method of cleaning mechanical keyboard, very nice!  I mostly stick with aerosol cleaners, but have gone further before in the past.  This seems like a very good video to follow, though!

Just now, PGen98 said:

This is an extremely thorough method of cleaning mechanical keyboard, very nice!  I mostly stick with aerosol cleaners, but have gone further before in the past.  This seems like a very good video to follow, though!

Yeah, I actually upgraded my cleaning to that level because I felt using just aerosol cleaners isn't getting the job properly done for me. 

Edited by Heatman

To keep it clean, you try and not to make it so damn dirty and also sticky. Simple solved.

1. while using the keyboard have a cloth on the keys then your fingertips, keep fingermarks off 😛 
  2. After you have done, have a small paint or makeup brash and brash it around and underside the keycaps 
  3. With a cloth, use it to clean on the keycaps till you think it looks sexy

Point saying I clean my end every time I done using it 😛

1 hour ago, Empire said:

To keep it clean, you try and not to make it so damn dirty and also sticky. Simple solved.

1. while using the keyboard have a cloth on the keys then your fingertips, keep fingermarks off 😛 
  2. After you have done, have a small paint or makeup brash and brash it around and underside the keycaps 

Yeah - it's actually very helpful to clean them up at the end of every use session. Unless, it's for the internal dust cleaning that will be tedious to do on daily basis. 

6 hours ago, Empire said:

Exactly the opposite with me. I normally don't get into the cleaning stuffs unless it's weekend. And it becomes very tough to clean the keyboard once the dust goes inside. I normally use liquid spray cleaner to clean that. 😊

6 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Exactly the opposite with me. I normally don't get into the cleaning stuffs unless it's weekend. And it becomes very tough to clean the keyboard once the dust goes inside. I normally use liquid spray cleaner to clean that. 😊

At least, I believe that weekend cleaning isn't that too bad especially if your home isn't too exposed to dust. It's actually why it's good to cover up your set once you're done playing to cut off much dust from getting into it. 

10 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

In all honesty, I used to take it apart, leave the electronics with the tower, and just put everything else in the dishwasher.

It's actually the very best way to get one's keyboard mechanically cleaned thoroughly. 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

At least, I believe that weekend cleaning isn't that too bad especially if your home isn't too exposed to dust. It's actually why it's good to cover up your set once you're done playing to cut off much dust from getting into it. 

Yeah, my room is not that exposed to dust so weekly cleaning is enough for me. Though, I do that meticulously, so that even small dust particles are also cleaned and eliminated. 😆

On 9/12/2021 at 1:10 PM, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, my room is not that exposed to dust so weekly cleaning is enough for me. Though, I do that meticulously, so that even small dust particles are also cleaned and eliminated. 😆

I believe that should work well for you since it's a very slim chance to having dusts crop all over your room. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

I believe that should work well for you since it's a very slim chance to having dusts crop all over your room. 

Till now I had no issues for dust going inside my keyboard or gamepad and causing delay in response to the clicks. I had that problem in my earlier apartment, where I had to clean the accessories on a daily basis. 

17 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Till now I had no issues for dust going inside my keyboard or gamepad and causing delay in response to the clicks. I had that problem in my earlier apartment, where I had to clean the accessories on a daily basis. 

That's cool. It's actually very good that you really know the basis on how to keep your keyboard clean enough.