Register Now
Kane99

Do you have any rare games in your collection?

46 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I have multiple copies of FF8. Both original black label and greatest hits. I also have collectors editions of the guide. I have roughly about 20 PS1 memory cards, and just as many PS2 cards. It can be a real pain in the ass finding the specific file you want to play with that many cards, but if you end up playing big games that take multiple blocks, then it's virtually required.

One that I've seen going for a lot online that's in my collection is Castlevania SOTN.

Another thing I have that seems to be rare is the Assassins Creed edition of the PSP. I lost the game LONG AGO, but still have the machine somewhere around here.

Nice. I think I sold my copy of FF8 some years ago. I kind of wish I didn't, because I wouldn't mind re-playing it again. Same with FF7, I sold that to a friend. Anyway, nice on the amount of memory cards. Back then we kind of needed a ton of memory cards. I only had one for the longest time. Deleting my saves was a pain to do sometimes, but I had to make room. 😞 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I have multiple copies of FF8. Both original black label and greatest hits. I also have collectors editions of the guide. I have roughly about 20 PS1 memory cards, and just as many PS2 cards. It can be a real pain in the ass finding the specific file you want to play with that many cards, but if you end up playing big games that take multiple blocks, then it's virtually required.

One that I've seen going for a lot online that's in my collection is Castlevania SOTN.

Another thing I have that seems to be rare is the Assassins Creed edition of the PSP. I lost the game LONG AGO, but still have the machine somewhere around here.

I was going through one of my drawers and found the original Metal Gear Solid for PS1(the case and the scratched CD). 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Nice. I think I sold my copy of FF8 some years ago. I kind of wish I didn't, because I wouldn't mind re-playing it again. Same with FF7, I sold that to a friend. Anyway, nice on the amount of memory cards. Back then we kind of needed a ton of memory cards. I only had one for the longest time. Deleting my saves was a pain to do sometimes, but I had to make room. 😞 

Do you have a Switch? I bought a cartridge a year or two ago that is both FF7 and FF8 on it. Now that I have it portable, I play it too much. The FF8 is the remastered version with items like Ribbons, Friendships, and others unlocked. On the PS1 you had to have a pocketstation to get them. Now you just have to let Rinoa's dog Angelo search for them in battles. My way to get them is to get in a battle with something (preferably hexadragon) and set Zell with firaga junctioned to his attack and counter junctioned to him. That way when Angelo counters for Rinoa, zell can continuously heal him. Then I leave it on overnight and just farm items. Whatever you fight can't be something like a bite bug. It has to be strong. To do it this way, you also have turn on the invincibility. But either way, a Ribbon is worth it. It makes you 100% immune to all status abnormalities, including death. I think it's the best item in the game personally.