Register Now
Zak

Does anyone still play arcade games in an actual arcade?

29 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Hmm. I too have one arcade running in the nearby city. But atleast the cost is not that high. It is still comparatively higher than early days, around 30 to 40 bucks. Though, not many people goes there these days after the pandemic. 😏

There are always challenges facing such gaming set up in this time of the pandemic of Corona virus. It's not a surprise with what's happening now. 

4 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Lol 😆 for $400. Come on, that's so huge amount. You can buy a PS5 with that. That is the reason why most of those arcades are shutting down these days. Obviously people would prefer other options, rather simply going there which costs so huge. 🙄

or you can use some emulation combination (can be done even on Raspberry Pi's and use those arcade controllers (they are being sold for cheap too) and here you are experiencing the nostalgic arcade experience again!

On 9/22/2020 at 6:56 AM, Alexander. said:

Before lockdown restrictions were announced, yes. Every time I went for a meal with family or friends, we went for a stroll on the beach front before visiting an Arcade. When everything gets back to some level of normality, this is something which I'm going to be doing again.

Nothing beats a classic game. 

Seriously, it's an awesome experience for myself as well because it's something that has been hard to come by since the pandemic of Corona virus. 

1 hour ago, Patrik said:

or you can use some emulation combination (can be done even on Raspberry Pi's and use those arcade controllers (they are being sold for cheap too) and here you are experiencing the nostalgic arcade experience again!

Yeah that would be a nice option too. But I think, no matter whatever we try, we can't get that feeling of playing arcades like before. I mean, that were close to the heart moments, we remain excited the whole week that on weekend we would be going to arcades. 😁

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah that would be a nice option too. But I think, no matter whatever we try, we can't get that feeling of playing arcades like before. I mean, that were close to the heart moments, we remain excited the whole week that on weekend we would be going to arcades. 😁

Covid ended that whole vibe. Unless you plan to have your own arcade by building it, you'll never be able to recapture that feeling again.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Covid ended that whole vibe. Unless you plan to have your own arcade by building it, you'll never be able to recapture that feeling again.

Seriously, it's the feeling it has left in the world today and it's never going to change sooner. 

On 8/14/2021 at 8:34 PM, Razor1911 said:

of course nothing can imitate the original experience as you have everything sort of "plug n' play", but that's still a cheap solution 😞

On 8/14/2021 at 6:34 PM, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, it's something that we are really missing today with arcade games. How time flies and we miss our roots to such games.