Register Now
Kane99

Resident Evil 8: Village

We got more of a glimpse at the PS5 showcase of the upcoming Resident Evil 8: Village. Who here is picking this one up on release? I didn't play much of 7, but I watched a play through of it and thought it was really well done. This game looks like more of what 7 was, which is a good thing. Also it looks like you'll be going through the woods a lot, so that should be scary spooky! 😄

Watch the new trailer below:

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

I honestly loved the southern horror scenarios. Like those hillbillies, witches type of the scenario worth playing. I am looking forward to get hands on the game. 

Same here, really made for a spooky atmosphere. I like this one, as it reminds me a lot of Resident Evil 4's setting. I wonder if that's a reason it looks so similar. 

I'm sure that, like 7: Biohazard is, it will generally be a challenging and impressive horror game. Although it resembles nothing of a Resident Evil game of old. If you've followed the series closely for years like I have, then you'll know what I mean.

For example, why have all of these iconic characters doing nothing any more, and so why not use them as the main characters? Now we have just a guy's hands and voice in place of a real classic character. Who are the Winters, really? Yeah, Chris is also in the game, but they are probably just using him as a selling point. Nobody really buys the game for somebody like Ethan Winters, right?

10 hours ago, thesaunderschild said:

I'm sure that, like 7: Biohazard is, it will generally be a challenging and impressive horror game. Although it resembles nothing of a Resident Evil game of old. If you've followed the series closely for years like I have, then you'll know what I mean.

For example, why have all of these iconic characters doing nothing any more, and so why not use them as the main characters? Now we have just a guy's hands and voice in place of a real classic character. Who are the Winters, really? Yeah, Chris is also in the game, but they are probably just using him as a selling point. Nobody really buys the game for somebody like Ethan Winters, right?

I think the first person was done to immerse you more into the game and make you feel like you're that character. That was their intention. Playing as an established character means that person is capable of handling the events as they unfold. Playing as an unknown tends to be creepier because you're fresh, new to the whole situation, which in turn makes it a scarier experience. At least in my opinion. 

But, I understand why some would want to play as already established characters, because that's Resident Evil for ya. Leon, Jill, Chris, Claire, etc are all badasses and make RE what it is. But Biohazard wasn't your traditional RE, and neither is RE 8. But not to worry, I'm sure Capcom has a remaster fro RE4 in the pipeline, so that's going to be crazy. 

11 hours ago, thesaunderschild said:

I think that could be because other resident evil games revolve around umbrella and this one has a bit different vibe to it and that kind of changes the direction of the game if you ask me. 

If you play the DLC for 7: Biohazard, it is confirmed that Chris is working with the newly established Umbrella Corporation. Their logo is just like their old one, apart from it being blue.

In the Not a Hero scenario, Chris is looking for Lucas Baker in these mines beneath the Dulvey plantation, and his captured soldiers get killed. During the medley, Chris is talking to a woman via radio, and he's quite unsure of their actual motives, so he brushes her off with sarcasm whenever she replies. This suggests that in Resident Evil Village, he realises he was just being used. But I don't know. There's no way of knowing for sure as to why is Chris is acting like a villain now, until Capcom reveals something.

We ought to find out more about the game's progress tomorrow regardless.

2 hours ago, thesaunderschild said:

If you play the DLC for 7: Biohazard, it is confirmed that Chris is working with the newly established Umbrella Corporation. Their logo is just like their old one, apart from it being blue.

In the Not a Hero scenario, Chris is looking for Lucas Baker in these mines beneath the Dulvey plantation, and his captured soldiers get killed. During the medley, Chris is talking to a woman via radio, and he's quite unsure of their actual motives, so he brushes her off with sarcasm whenever she replies. This suggests that in Resident Evil Village, he realises he was just being used. But I don't know. There's no way of knowing for sure as to why is Chris is acting like a villain now, until Capcom reveals something.

We ought to find out more about the game's progress tomorrow regardless.

Now that clears up. Will definitely be looking out for more unfolding in future. 

Just in case anyone missed it, here is the Tokyo Game Show special presentation from Capcom concerning how far the game is coming along. We get to see some of the castle's interior too, and they hinted that the current generation consoles may also be receiving the game. If so, then wow. 

I don't know why this video didn't embed the first time I tried to post it, but anyway...

Edited by thesaunderschild