Register Now
Kane99

Resident Evil 8: Village

Capcom intends to release another CGI movie next year, with Leon and Claire. 🤑

🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️

For some reason, videos aren't embedding on here, unless I edit my posts and re-paste the links. Well, I did point that out already. 🤨

Edited by thesaunderschild

I'd love to know where the upcoming CGI series falls in terms of the timeline, because Claire looked like she was wearing her Revelations 2 attire. Although I cannot imagine it's set before RE6. The last movie must have been set in 2013 (even if it was never confirmed). Vendetta, that is. 

I think RE8 having a merchant indicates this will be a more action heavy entry than 7 was. But if the enemies are tougher, that may compensate for this. RE4 and 5 and also 6 were heavily criticised for being too heavy on the action. They were like cheesy Hollywood blockbusters. But RE4 did have tense moments. Remember the coal carts in the mines? 

2 hours ago, thesaunderschild said:

When they put in the trailer, "His story is coming to a close", do you think they meant Ethan or Chris? 

I believe this is a continuation of the RE7, so likely Ethan. I remember them mentioning something about Ethan, but I don't know if he's the main character again. 

Just the same, I can predict Chris getting a DLC side story that explains why he is acting how he is. After all, he's the most popular character, in a sense. But he is also getting old. He will probably die or retire at some point in the series. However, his story with Jill kind of seems unfinished to me. 

23 hours ago, thesaunderschild said:

There's now a live action series in the works too, which may in fact be linked to the plot of the first game. Capcom certainly enjoys padding out the story. 😉 

Smart on their part, draws new people in with the show and movies. They're also working on rebooting the live action movies, and look to be going right to the original RE story. Which is wise imo. I think the TV show is going to be a continuation of the story we see in the games, while the new movie coming, is probably going to be separate. I'm excited to see how they deliver though. 

Like, I wouldn't say it's not possible, but zombies are pretty much just the base threat. Zombies on the other hand, basically peaked when they transformed into Crimson Heads. Surprisingly, they were only adapted as 'super enemies' in the first remake, and as famous and scary as they are considered as today, I am amazed at how Capcom seems to have all but overlooked them since 2002. But it's also probably just a case that they keep on changing the enemy types in each sequel anyway.

Capcom usually prefers to add in stronger variations of something we've faced before, as opposed to offering up new enemies. Kind of like when they had those Hunters in Revelations that you could hardly see. They were just like any other Hunter, really, except these ones were not easily noticeable, especially in a snowy region for example. However, that was an interesting twist. They also did the same thing with the Molded where we got a slightly harder variation to face as Chris, but I still say they were the more lazily designed of Capcom's current additions to the franchise. Well, I mean, they all just for the most part at least, look identical.