Register Now
Kane99

Rockstar should really remaster most of their games

I would love to see GTA III up to San Andreas get remastered for modern consoles. Of course, I would probably add GTA IV to that list, considering it still looks pretty decent today, but could use a bit overhaul. I would love to see a remastered set for all of the past GTA Games. Of course I highly doubt Rockstar would give all games away for one single price. I could see them re-releasing each one remastered and then releasing a new one the next year. 

I think they could make bank remastering all of those games, especially III, Vice City and San Andreas. Just look at the Resident Evil remastered games. I know it's not really comparable, but Capcom is making bank on those remasters, and Rockstar could make a ton doing remasters of their classics. 

Actually, I think it'd be cool if they remastered the top down games in the series. Most fans don't even remember those games, or even know that GTA started in that way. I'd pay for a remastered set including the top down GTAs. 

What do you guys think? Maybe we'll see a couple remastered GTAs make it on the new gen consoles. I'd accept that. 

On 9/18/2020 at 11:06 AM, AndreiMirfi said:

I like your idea, but Rockstar is totally lazy.

I know. I wish they would do story DLC for GTA V and RDR2. But I doubt we're ever going to see that happen. I really was hoping for an Undead Nightmare 2. They should totally do it, because that would sell like crazy, and I bet they could add a lot to the online mode in the process. Just give me my story DLC. 

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think in theory they are capable. I am guessing they are just weighing their option like new mobile platform and also where they can take most of their games slowly. 

I can see that. They could easily produce remastered versions of their games. But I think they just feel they don't need to maybe. Idk, I wish they'd consider it. I'd buy GTA III through SA remastered. Well, even GTA IV as well. 

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I doubt they’re going to worry about remasters for a while. With how much they’re making off games like GTAV, and RDR2 they really don’t need to jump on the bandwagon. Personally I hope they don’t.

Yeah I don't see it happening for a while either. But imagine them remastering III through to San Andreas. Maybe the set can come with an online mode that combines the maps from each game into one big location, and has the gameplay of GTAV or RDR2. Or something completely new to catch up with the times. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I can see that. They could easily produce remastered versions of their games. But I think they just feel they don't need to maybe. Idk, I wish they'd consider it. I'd buy GTA III through SA remastered. Well, even GTA IV as well. 

The issue with GTAA6 is that there are lot of expectations and people are waiting for it like they wait for ridley scotts alien franchise reboots. the thing is remaster and new games are harder to produce these days because companies want long term microtransaction earnings. 

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

The issue with GTAA6 is that there are lot of expectations and people are waiting for it like they wait for ridley scotts alien franchise reboots. the thing is remaster and new games are harder to produce these days because companies want long term microtransaction earnings. 

GTA 6 is a far ways off because GTA Online is working so well for them. And I think part of the political atmosphere is causing Rockstar to take more time with it. I suspect new gen is where we'll see GTA 6 land. 

I have to disagree with the remasters though. With most remasters is just about polishing it up a bit more to make it look better. Remakes on the other hand would take a lot longer. I don't necessarily want remakes, but more of a remaster with some updated controls. I can't imagine that would be tough for them. Take 2 could even put a smaller studio on the remasters like other companies do when the main studios can't take it on. 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

GTA 6 is a far ways off because GTA Online is working so well for them. And I think part of the political atmosphere is causing Rockstar to take more time with it. I suspect new gen is where we'll see GTA 6 land. 

Mark my words, we will not even see the GTA 6 till 2021 ends. they may start production but no chance of they coming up with until mid of 2021 for any announcement. 

7 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Mark my words, we will not even see the GTA 6 till 2021 ends. they may start production but no chance of they coming up with until mid of 2021 for any announcement. 

It will be longer than that, we might see an announcement for GTA VI by the end of 2021 but that's it.  An actual release is years away assuming that they are even working on it. I think remasters of the earlier games might plug the gap between now and then but I kinda doubt that 2K would consider it worth the effort, especially if they need to re-license a bunch of music for the radio stations again.

20 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

It will be longer than that, we might see an announcement for GTA VI by the end of 2021 but that's it.  An actual release is years away assuming that they are even working on it. I think remasters of the earlier games might plug the gap between now and then but I kinda doubt that 2K would consider it worth the effort, especially if they need to re-license a bunch of music for the radio stations again.

Yes and they must be thinking about integrating the GTA6 with the online DLC versions as well so that they can keep it rolling while they work on further new releaases. But I think this all would take a lot of time to work out. 

GTA San Andreas, Vice City or even Liberty City remastered would be awesome. Sadly, Rockstar are too lazy, it's going to be another decade before they release another game. I don't blame them, GTA V was a success, and I would live off my successes too.

GTA III was underrated at some point, just because it's the first game in the 3D era of GTA, doesn't mean it's good, Maybe Vice City should get a remaster, GTA SA Got a remaster for Mobile devices (and XBOX i guess).

Remember that Rockstar has lot of games that aren't GTA's, maybe games like Max Payne, Manhunt and other titles should be focused on as well instead of RDR and GTA Online updates