Register Now
Kane99

Did you get a pre-order in for the PS5?

Pre-orders were set up for the PS5 the other day, and it sold out pretty fast. Many were upset, because Sony promised to start pre-orders the next day, but instead opened them up the night before. Most places are sold out and currently I don't know of anywhere that has pre-orders open. Did anyone here get a pre-order in? I am waiting a while before I purchase anyway. 

People are already selling pre-orders on Ebay for like $1000+ right now. I hate scalpers, they suck! 

Anything that is in demand, especially something that has been anticipated for so long like the PS5, is going to have scalpers trying to rip gullible people off. As for the night before part, they most likely went on sale at midnight, which technically is the day they promised the preorders to be sold. I can't say, as I didn't bother keeping up with it, since I have no intention of buying one for a few years at least. I always do that if there's a system I'm interested in. Bugs not initially caught will be fixed, price will be lower, more games will be available. It's a win-win IMO.

I'm not fussed about pre-ordering but I considered it; every store I looked at was sold out by the time I got there. As for people selling for ridiculous prices, it's a shame, but you'd have to have a very low IQ to purchase one for a ridiculous price. Pre-ordering is not the end, lol.

12 hours ago, Empire said:

I do not pre-order, why pay more and still get it at the same price when it's released. Yeah, you do get bells and bombs with it. But not into that. 

It's simply better as you just prefer paying when it is officially launched. I also prefer it's official launch time and not pre-order when it isn't officially launched. 

23 hours ago, Empire said:

I do not pre-order, why pay more and still get it at the same price when it's released. Yeah, you do get bells and bombs with it. But not into that. 

Some people would tell you that when the money isn't a big deal for them, why wait when they can afford the game even if the price was doubled. 

21 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Some people would tell you that when the money isn't a big deal for them, why wait when they can afford the game even if the price was doubled. 

I wish I can be like that, Able to buy the game that I really want and not to worry about how much it's going to cost as I have the money. But for me, Not simple as that. I look at games that cost $50 and it's hard and most of the time I reject and wait for it to go even cheaper.