Register Now
Kane99

What Next Gen Console(s) are you getting?

What Next Gen Console(s) are you getting?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What Next Gen Console(s) are you getting?

• PlayStation 5 ($499.99)
    • PlayStation 5 - Digital Only ($399.99)
    • Xbox Series X ($499)
    • Xbox Series S - Digital Only ($299)
    • Nintendo Switch 4K ($TBD)
    • Other (Post in reply)

Which of the upcoming consoles are you going to buy on release? Or whenever you can. I personally want the PS5, Xbox Series X and the new Nintendo Switch 4K if that is to be true. I plan to buy the Xbox Series X first, mainly because most of my friends own an Xbox and I imagine they will buy one too. Aside from that, I want all 3, so I'm voting all 3. Actually I wouldn't mind a Series S as well. 

It's a touch decision as all of the consoles you listed would be an excellent choice for a platform to play. Choosing only one though, it would have to be the Xbox Series X. I have grown up with Microsoft and I'm definitely a fanboy of their gadgets for gaming purposes. 

PS5 every day of the week. It is so much ahead of the Xbox Series X - you just have to look at both consoles' designs to see which one is more innovative. Also, I didn't realise there was going to be a Nintendo Switch. Maybe it will be better than the Xbox Series X.

I was leaning towards the PS5 for a while but now I'm not so sure.  The only noteworthy game confirmed for the PS5 in the first year that is ACTUALLY exclusive to the console is Ratchet and Clank, not a big system seller for me.  I'm also becoming disconcerted with their increasingly anti-consumer business models especially with how they are handling next gen upgrades.  I probably will get a PS5 but definitely not at launch.

The XBox doesn't really have anything coming out either but it is offering much better value for money and service with XBox Game pass, Smart Delivery and backwards compatibility all the way back to the original.  Not to mention if it does turn out that Bethesda games like The Elder Scrolls 6 , DOOM and Starfeild won’t be coming to PS5 then that will turn many people off that console.

41 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I was leaning towards the PS5 for a while but now I'm not so sure.  The only noteworthy game confirmed for the PS5 in the first year that is ACTUALLY exclusive to the console is Ratchet and Clank, not a big system seller for me.  I'm also becoming disconcerted with their increasingly anti-consumer business models especially with how they are handling next gen upgrades.  I probably will get a PS5 but definitely not at launch.

The XBox doesn't really have anything coming out either but it is offering much better value for money and service with XBox Game pass, Smart Delivery and backwards compatibility all the way back to the original.  Not to mention if it does turn out that Bethesda games like The Elder Scrolls 6 , DOOM and Starfeild won’t be coming to PS5 then that will turn many people off that console.

Supposedly the PS5 will still get some of the games, like Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo, as those two games have exclusivity on the PS5 first. But other games will go by a case by case basis. You can read more on that at this article here - Gamer Revolution

When I first heard of this, I thought all of the announced games would be coming to PS5 as well, but reading the article above, it sounds like it was for the two games I mentioned above. So a new Doom, Elder Scrolls, etc might only come out for Xbox and PC now. We shall see what comes of it down the road though. 

On 3/8/2021 at 4:10 PM, Syntax said:

PS5 for sure, although I’ve been thinking of getting a switch just for the Pokémon games and specifically the open world one. Not too sure yet though if I wanna grab it or wait longer until the 4K model comes out 

I don't know, if it's only a 4k screen and a couple of minor upgrades, I might just get the previous Nintendo Switch but we'll see. Personally, I just want to get into Smash Ultimate and some Mario Kart.