How much PC storage do you have?

On 11/14/2020 at 9:12 AM, Empire said:

I have 4 drives in my system šŸ™‚Ā 

-500GB SSDĀ for operating system
-1TB SSD for my flight sims
-1TB HDD for backup and storage for files, like videos and images and whatnot
-2TB HDD for gamesĀ Ā 

My board as M.2 support also, so more coming

I'm going for at least 8 TB of storage when I build my next gaming PC. That way, I can hold multipleĀ Call Of Duty releases without needing to get more storage.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm going for at least 8 TB of storage when I build my next gaming PC. That way, I can hold multipleĀ Call Of Duty releases without needing to get more storage.

With games that are getting bigger you and most people need to have at least 10TB nowadays. SSD are the future and so are M.2 drives. I'm thinking in the new 2021 (if I get the funds) to get 2tb M.2 drives and that can be used for games. You can even pick up one single 10TB HDD that#s 7200RPM nowadays but still setting you back at $200.

On 11/15/2020 at 12:53 PM, Empire said:

With games that are getting bigger you and most people need to have at least 10TB nowadays. SSD are the future and so are M.2 drives. I'm thinking in the new 2021 (if I get the funds) to get 2tb M.2 drives and that can be used for games. You can even pick up one single 10TB HDD that#s 7200RPM nowadays but still setting you back at $200.

The thing is, I'm done with HDD as they're ridiculously slow.

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think 5TB in near future would be requirement for the gaming laptop and the PCs.

I think that'll be the next decade although just 5 years ago we thought 20GB was too much memory for a game.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The thing is, I'm done with HDD as they're ridiculously slow.

They are still good for mass storage, yes they are slow at 7200RPM but having the fast OS on SSD and with good fast ram and whatnot, in some games, you won't notice anything different.