Register Now
Kane99

Best Pro Wrestling games?

What would you guys consider to be the best pro wrestling game? From the likes of WWF No Mercy, Fire Pro Wrestling, WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain, and more. What pro wrestling game do you consider to be the best overall? Personally I prefer the likes of Here Comes The Pain and No Mercy. Especially HCTP. I kind of became a master at the game, or so I like to think. Anyway, I also really love No Mercy, and many of those THQ games back then. I would include WCW Vs NWO, And whatever THQ game at the time on the N64. 

Discuss your favorite wrestling games in here. 

The only wrestling game I played at length was RAW vs Smackdown Just Bring it  on the PS2 and me and my brothers had a ton of fun with it.  I've been thinking about getting WWE 2K Battlegrounds since the gameplay and overall style sounds up my ally, but I've heard it's loaded with microtransactions and that's putting me off big time.

12 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

The only wrestling game I played at length was RAW vs Smackdown Just Bring it  on the PS2 and me and my brothers had a ton of fun with it.  I've been thinking about getting WWE 2K Battlegrounds since the gameplay and overall style sounds up my ally, but I've heard it's loaded with microtransactions and that's putting me off big time.

2K wrestling games are sub-par slot machines. Battlegrounds is the game 2K shat out this year because they didn't have time to make 2K21. That's everything you need to know.

Yeah, the series got worse once the Smackdown Vs Raw series ended and it went to the WWE '12 title and then then got even worse when 2K came along. Smackdown Vs. Raw 2011 I think was the last game that was moderately good. I hear it goes for a lot of money, as I've been trying to buy it on 360. 

But yeah, 2K made the series into a mess. And when Yukes left (I think it was them), they left 2K and their NBA studio to finish 2K20. That's why it was such a disaster of a game. Battlegrounds looked interesting at first, but when it finally released, it didn't live up to any bit of the hype it seems. It got some good reviews, but people are claiming it's pretty mediocre. 

I'm just excited to see what Yukes does now that they're free from the WWE franchise. Maybe they can work on an AEW game, or even a wrestling game that combines many companies, minus WWE of course. I'd like to see a good WWE game again though, so hopefully a good studio jumps in to make them. 

On 9/20/2020 at 5:58 PM, Crazycrab said:

The only wrestling game I played at length was RAW vs Smackdown Just Bring it on the PS2 and me and my brothers had a ton of fun with it.  I've been thinking about getting WWE 2K Battlegrounds since the gameplay and overall style sounds up my ally, but I've heard it's loaded with microtransactions and that's putting me off big time.

Ok, a bit of a correction here.  It was WWF Smackdown Just Bring it, not Raw vs Smackdown.

I can't remember the exact edition but Smackdown vs RAW was the story of my childhood. It was extremely fun to play with friends and family. Nowadays you're better off buying an UFC game rather than one of the 2k games.