Register Now
Kane99

Has a PC game ever blew up your PC?

Even so, end of the day PC has come a very long way and most PC can handle it even if it's too much on the system. If you where to game heavy on a 20 year old PC then you are crazy. 

3 hours ago, Patrik said:

PC's blowing due to intensive games is just a joke :p, if your PC isn't capable of running a game, it will just keep playing it at very low FPS (1 fps for example with hardware's usage maxed out), or it will not even launch (sometimes due to unsupported hardware) or it will crash after seconds or even minutes of running.

They have safety corridors built-in 🙂 If the CPU overheats too much your CPU fun will spine faster and soon enough your PC willfully go off. Won't get fired bang or catch on fire, just goes off and your screen goes black. Just turn it on again and loads up. 

Did that once, installed my CPU and then turn it on without the cooler, lasted 30secs before it went off again. Same with the CPU cooler powered up connected but CPU heated up so fast it shuts off. 

My PC, no. But a DVD blew up a PS2. We were watching a movie on it, and suddenly heard a loud pop and smoke started coming out of it. I got it out of the house, but we laughed our asses off about it. It was such a random thing. The DVD was fine, but the PS2 was obviously shot. Literally. I used it as a target afterwards. I got pretty good with my 10 ton 9mm before I sold it. The damn thing was heavy as hell. But I got a much better one now, so it's all good.

On 3/24/2021 at 8:10 PM, skyfire said:

I kind of remember how those times had the CD and DVD player and too much writing often could lead to the damage for rewriter and blewing up was kind of common too. 

damn dude, this reminds me back when my DVD reader on PC was making tractor sounds lmao, when it all was the DVD's fault...

On 4/1/2021 at 1:39 PM, Patrik said:

damn dude, this reminds me back when my DVD reader on PC was making tractor sounds lmao, when it all was the DVD's fault...

At times, it sounded like the room turned into a whole construction site with the amount drilling and tractor noises coming from the DVD reader. The good old days - back then I used to make some spare cash burning movies and music CDs for people.

I took a video game class in university a few years ago and I had to play Civilization. I only had my MacBook at the time and holy moly this game made my MacBook super loud and hot. It did not make it explode but I kind of thought it was going to haha. 

On 5/14/2021 at 11:19 PM, lludawg said:

I took a video game class in university a few years ago and I had to play Civilization. I only had my MacBook at the time and holy moly this game made my MacBook super loud and hot. It did not make it explode but I kind of thought it was going to haha. 

Macs are not designed for the game. If you want to damage macs then play video games on it. Most of the mac owners use it for coding and other use and not for gaming.