Register Now
DylanC

Anyone watched Cobra Kai?

On 11/4/2020 at 3:40 AM, killamch89 said:

No but I've heard quite a few of my friends talk about. Just out of curiosity, is the action as good as the classic karate kid movies? 

Yeah, the action is really well choreographed. Honestly, I’m blown away by how great it is. Seriously, it’s the best thing I’ve seen in ages!

I thought it was very well done. They took an iconic property and put a more mature spin on it. I'm not sure how well it will do, since it's on an obscure platform and it's really designed to appeal to the kind of people who watched Karate Kid when they were young (and are now dealing with the adulthood issues that the show involves).

That being said, not even a cameo for Elizabeth Shue? Come on guys... she could use the work.

On 12/2/2020 at 1:31 PM, Empire said:

I thought it was very well done. They took an iconic property and put a more mature spin on it. I'm not sure how well it will do, since it's on an obscure platform and it's really designed to appeal to the kind of people who watched Karate Kid when they were young (and are now dealing with the adulthood issues that the show involves).

That being said, not even a cameo for Elizabeth Shue? Come on guys... she could use the work.

Yeah, it’s terrific stuff! It’s on Netflix so I see its popularity exploding given some time. Also, there’s a chance Elizabeth Shue may turn up in future series. The ending of season 2 definitely alludes to her making an appearance!