Register Now
Kane99

I'm thinking about streaming, what should I play?

I am thinking about streaming to Twitch for the first time, but I was wondering what I should start with first. I was leaning towards these games for now: 

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 + 2 Remake - Has an online mode I can jump in, so could be fun. 

Fall Guys - Been playing this a lot lately, but am not any good really. I've yet to win my first match. 😞

Among Us - Been playing this with a community I volunteer for, and they've been streaming. But I don't know if I can handle the meetings you have to do after a body is found or someone is caught. 

Modern Warfare - I'm alright in COD, but I'm not sure I'm good enough for streaming right now. 

Left 4 Dead 2 - That new update is dropping this week on the 24th, so I might take advantage of that. 

Do you guys have any game suggestions? 

Minecraft and Fornite are two trending games on the Twitch.TV homepage. I would recommend speaking in your gameplays, and regularly interacting with your followers in the chat. Turning on Stream Alerts is a fantastic incentive for viewers to follow, subscribe, donate, or share the channel. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm just going to go for it and give it a try. I'm thinking I might purchase Mafia: Definitive Edition and do a full playthrough of that on Twitch. 

On 9/22/2020 at 2:05 AM, Alexander. said:

Minecraft and Fornite are two trending games on the Twitch.TV homepage. I would recommend speaking in your gameplays, and regularly interacting with your followers in the chat. Turning on Stream Alerts is a fantastic incentive for viewers to follow, subscribe, donate, or share the channel. 

Hope this helps. 

Not much for either, but I do enjoy Minecraft and know some people who are into that, so I can see myself playing that for a future stream. Fortnite is going to be a pass for me. I'm all played out on that game and I doubt I'll be checking it out again. 

But yeah, I want to build my twitch some more. Currently it's really bare bones, but I want to eventually get Stream Alerts figured out. 

On 9/25/2020 at 6:18 AM, skyfire said:

Maybe it could be just me but there are some of the streamers playing the "among us" all day and night. Like say corina is streaming everyday in "among us". Apart from that you can also stream "league of legends" beta version if you have access. 

Yeah, everyone seems to be streaming it these days. But then again, it may be that too many are streaming it so it might be tougher to find an audience. I suppose though, it's a hit so maybe I could get lucky and get some viewers in there. 

I've never really tried League of Legends though, not sure it's really for me. 

It's a difficult decision. If you stream a popular game such as Fortnite or Fall Guys, you have a lot of competitors, because quite frankly everyone is streaming them games. If you stream a small game, the issue lies in whether the game is popular enough to watch.

On 9/27/2020 at 6:43 AM, skyfire said:

If you ever played MOBA then you are going to like League of Legends. But yeah you can always experiment with specific genre. Like say playing horror games. Or if you are into arcade and adventure then you can go with the emulator based games. 

With League of Legends, it's just not really the type of game I get into. MOBA's sound nice and all, but I never was too into them. Halloween is coming though, so I'm for sure going to have to do some horror games at some point. I might try some emulators to play older games, that could work. 

On 10/1/2020 at 9:12 AM, ARx182 said:

It's a difficult decision. If you stream a popular game such as Fortnite or Fall Guys, you have a lot of competitors, because quite frankly everyone is streaming them games. If you stream a small game, the issue lies in whether the game is popular enough to watch.

Yeah, that's why I'm thinking I might do streams of other games. I might try to complete games on stream, so I might get that new Mafia 1 remake and stream that in full. Should be interesting. But I also was a part of a Battlefield 2 stream, and I could see myself doing streams of older games. 

On 10/3/2020 at 1:14 AM, Kane99 said:

With League of Legends, it's just not really the type of game I get into. MOBA's sound nice and all, but I never was too into them. Halloween is coming though, so I'm for sure going to have to do some horror games at some point. I might try some emulators to play older games, that could work. 

If you are into the horror games then maybe you will find some really good games in android, small yet fun to play. 

On 10/5/2020 at 5:29 AM, skyfire said:

If you are into the horror games then maybe you will find some really good games in android, small yet fun to play. 

Thanks, I'll look into it. Never really thought to stream mobile games, but it could be fun. 

I've been looking into mics as of late, and have no idea where to begin. Do you guys have any suggestions? I currently have a cheap Fifine mic that I paid like $25 for a couple years ago. I find the audio is very annoying, and want to upgrade to something more reliable and not painful to the ears. My budget for something like this is around $60-$80 or so. Any suggestions for a good streamer mic? 

I purchased an 1080p Aukey Webcam. Still unsure if I want to put my face on streams, but we shall see. I hear you can put cartoon avatars over yourself with some Nvidia software, so I might go that route too. 😄 

24 minutes ago, AndreiMirfi said:

I'll like to watch you playing Among Us, CS:GO and NFS Most Wanted, Payback or Rivals.

I could do Among us and CS: Go I imagine. Among Us kind of gives me anxiety though, because I can never lie my way out lol. I can't play the impostor anymore, get to scared when it comes time to do the meetings. 

CS: GO I played somewhat back in the day, but haven't played it in years. I would probably play pretty awful lol. And as for NFS, was never too into the racing games. My brother is way more into racing than myself. I might stream some THPS1+2 remastered and its online mode. Had fun when I played it briefly before.