Register Now
_B_

PS5 or PS5 digital?

I've not pre-ordered, I'm going to have a look at deals before I purchase a PS5. I will most likely get the digital version, since it is £100 cheaper, but if I can get a good bundle deal for the physical, I may go for it.

Honestly the two choices are black and white: you either don't want or need to use physical discs, or you do. Aus gamer here that physical copies are 30-40% cheaper in store on launch vs digital. I couldn’t care less on the medium, 100% driven on price

I don't usually buy physical games anymore, so I tend to just get the digital version. I think it's because I'm lazy to wait for the game to be delivered, then install it, and so on. Then have to put the disc in whenever I want to play. Digital is just more useful. But I understand that people would like to have the game in their collection. 

i personally think that the digital model is better, not only because it's cheap, but think about it, games size is getting higher over years, which means more DVD's to carry, which is really annoying, owning games DVD was a cool thing back when the size wasn't higher than 4 GB's, but it's time for digital stuff

You may be right, but still wouldn’t it be better to go with the PS5 disc drive so you have the option? There may be a game released that, for whatever reason, is only available on physical media. Then those that went strictly digital are screwed if they want it. More than highly unlikely, I know, but it was the best hypothetical I could think of. In a nutshell, I’m just saying that when the time comes, I will be getting the disc version, so then I have the option of buying physical or digital.

Another hypothetical is that a game could come out in disc, and a digital release could be delayed for an undetermined amount of time.

Also, you wouldn’t be able to play your PS4 games in a digital system if they’re discs. Which means that you would have to waste your money buying another copy of the same game for no logical reason.

Go with the model with CDs, it is by far easier for the CD to hold some game information rather than it is for everything to take up way more space than it needs to on the limited space on the storage device that it has (as of now).