Register Now
_B_

PS5 or PS5 digital?

On 9/22/2020 at 3:23 PM, _B_ said:

For anyone that did pre-order, which one did you pre-order? Why did you choose the one you did?

PS5 is the more flexible one, allowing greater selections as well as the PS4 transfer. But it is an extra £100.

Unfortunately, I'm yet to get any of the Playstation 5 till date. Although, I'm never going to pre-order if I was going to get it before now. 

On 4/22/2021 at 2:28 AM, skyfire said:

Noticed that people who are having a lot of good speed in the broadband are making the purchase of the PS 5 digital. And the PS 5 regular seems to be in demand for thsoe who want to keep the copy. 

I'd buy the disc one for versatility but if I'm being honest, I'd probably end up downloading most of my games anyways...

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd buy the disc one for versatility but if I'm being honest, I'd probably end up downloading most of my games anyways...

I would most likely purchase the disc for the same purpose of its versatility especially if one's a collector. 

4 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I am seeing the digital version becoming more robust and maligned than the first edition, being the standard version. Both I'll go for any because they are in-demand at the moment. 

Yeah - they are quite good in my opinion. I have a friend who got the digital version last month and it looks great. 

Personally, I don't mind either. Me and my boyfriend game share on Xbox so he tends to buy a lot of games digitally for the Xbox, but personally I wouldn't mind having a physical collection of games, if given the choice between models, I would go physical.

Both me and my brother own PS5's, we were both lucky to get the disc version of the console. I feel like the digital version prevents you from being able to buy used titles or borrow games from friends, and for only $100 less, it just didn't seem worth it IMO. 

On 12/1/2022 at 11:56 PM, Smokey said:

Both me and my brother own PS5's, we were both lucky to get the disc version of the console. I feel like the digital version prevents you from being able to buy used titles or borrow games from friends, and for only $100 less, it just didn't seem worth it IMO. 

I would just go for the ps5 instead of the PS digital since they both perform same functions.

It sounds like the PS 5 is even way more better than the PS 5 digital.

I purchased the PS5 with a disc drive. I prefer to have physical games and I have a few PS4 games on discs so I want to be able to play them without having to worry about hooking up my PS4. (Though I have a copy of The Nathan Drake Collection and it doesn't work properly on the PS5 last I checked...) It's rare that I order games digitally, the only time I'll do this is if I'm impatient and want to play a game right away without having to purchase it and wait for the game to come to my house. xD

I prefer physical media too. With the option between the versions of the PS5, I honestly don’t understand why anyone would want the digital version. By foregoing a disc drive, they’re just, for lack of a better term, “crippling”  themselves. You’re not required to use it, and it also does everything that the digital version does. The same goes for the Series X/S. Let’s say the next GTA is only on disc, and never gets released digitally. Or that there’s important content that is only available on disc. Those of you who are GTA fanatics and got the digital console are screwed. I have almost 130 DDL’s on my Switch, but virtually all of them are games that are only released digitally. Games like Goblin Sword. It’s an indie title, and sells for around a dollar if I remember correctly. I’ve had it for several years, and honestly don’t remember what it cost. If you’re a fan of Sega style graphics, you’ll love Goblin Sword. There are other games that are big hits that, as far as I know, are only available digitally. Layers Of Fear: Legacy, Cuphead, and Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice. I’ve never seen any of them available on physical media.That doesn’t mean that I stuffed the card slot full of crackers.

I did not preorder, I only got mine like 4 to 5 months ago? A friend gifted me the PlayStation. Sort of. They bought it for me since I am unemployed and I can pay him back once I find a job, finally. He says no rush so I can take the time I need to find the right job.

I got a digital only version to save him 100 bucks. Which is fine, because I had an external SSD that I can plug in for PS4 games.