Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

PS4 Blackout?

My ps4 all of a sudden stopped showing up on my tv screen. I looked up what could be wrong and something about its HDMI not syncing with tv resolution. I unplugged everything for a while, and plugged ps4 HDMI into a different slot. Started working again. It's making me scared. Right now I have a brand new back up ps4 and I'm transferring all my data. Hopefully it works. This ps4 is only 14 months old. 

No, something was definitely wrong. I switched HDMI cable, plugged into different HDMI on tv. Found one HDMI slot that works. It wasn't picking up tv resolution. I guess it's sort of common I have seen on the web. Now I'm having a problem transferring data. Keeps freezing at a certain point. Might have save all the data manually from an external drive and reinstall each game separately on the new ps4. Bummer. No gaming for a while. Soldier is down! Carry the flag!

On 9/22/2020 at 7:20 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

My ps4 all of a sudden stopped showing up on my tv screen. I looked up what could be wrong and something about its HDMI not syncing with tv resolution. I unplugged everything for a while, and plugged ps4 HDMI into a different slot. Started working again. It's making me scared. Right now I have a brand new back up ps4 and I'm transferring all my data. Hopefully it works. This ps4 is only 14 months old. 

I read something where you mentioned about the same Playstation 4 having a factory problem. I think you should have it changed completely by the company if you still have your warranty data. 

On 9/22/2020 at 7:20 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

That could be as a result of the plugs. If you don't mind, I will suggest that you get new ones and see how far they are going to work on it too.

I once had this issue but then it was not on the ps4 but I was trying to connect my PC to my big monitor screen so I could have a much better viewing but it just completely blacked out but if I connect the monitor to something else it would display.

At some point I just gave up and settled to use the PC display just the way it is.