Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Any good space exploration games?

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

No man's sky : origins trailer in case if you plan on getting your hands on new update. 

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

That looks cool! How come I've never heard of it?

Consider yourself lucky @Reality vs Adventure. In 2016 No Man's Sky released as one of the most hyped games in recent memory, but was a disastrous disappointment. Buggy (especially on PC), barely functional, lacking in just about every promised feature and was clearly promoted with absolute lies. Even when it worked, it was a boring, tedious game was fussy, annoying mechanics and floaty controls.

Now, to the developer's credit, whereas most would have jumped that sinking ship, they worked hard in the following months, and even years, to deliver the game they promised, but that doesn't excuse bringing out this half cooked bun that was supposed to be delicious turkey. Still, it's been four years and now when asked the question "Is the game what was promised now?" Hello Games can proudly say "We're closer than ever before!". Hello Games were (and still are) a small studio employing only a handful of people, but the game came out at full AAA price so should have met some standard and no game studio, big or small, has the right to lie about the quality and nature of a game to help it sell.

I know I sound like a bit of a dick, but I just don't think that releasing a game this unfinished without excuse should be forgiven that easily.

Edited by Shagger

35 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Ok, I watched the trailer and I have one question left.

Is it strictly an exploration game, or are there any kind of combat parts in it? I'm just not getting what the plot of the game is.

There is space combat (Obviously a promised launch feature that didn't actually make its way into the game for over a year) and there're hostile animals and/or sentient beings on some the procedurally generated planets (again, another thing that didn't work as promised until after the game came out). Honestly, this is not a game to buy for its combat even at its best, it is mostly about exploration.

No Man's Sky is probably the one that comes to mind for most of us, but I think there are a few others out there. I did a search and was able to find games like EVE online, Star Conflict, Stellaris, Starsector, and Elite Dangerous. Those are just some, there might be more. I have not played any of these, just found them while searching the genre. Hope that helps. 🙂 

7 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I did a search and was able to find games like EVE online, Star Conflict, Stellaris, Starsector, and Elite Dangerous. 

A lot of those games are in between the strategy and the exploration. Not necessarily falling into the space exploration like No man's sky type who stresses into the pure exploration. 

Looks like No Man's Sky Origins was just released 4 days ago Sept. 23! Wow, talk about timing. I'm a little confused though. Is Origins the update after installing any new disc? Or do I buy the disc with it already updated. It looks like they still have several updates planned. It's definitely got my interest. Think I might wait a little longer to see how it goes. 

On 9/28/2020 at 6:41 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Looks like No Man's Sky Origins was just released 4 days ago Sept. 23! Wow, talk about timing. I'm a little confused though. Is Origins the update after installing any new disc? Or do I buy the disc with it already updated. It looks like they still have several updates planned. It's definitely got my interest. Think I might wait a little longer to see how it goes. 

Enjoy it from the older version of the game. New version of the game would be more appreciated if you enjoy the first version that comes out before origins.