Register Now
skyfire

RGB Keyboards

RGB keyboard is just an added bonus I think. Can you change the type of color and brightness? Your laptop should have options to change it, unless that's not an option. I got a HyperX RGB keyboard. It has a bunch of options from multiple colors, to breathing, blinking, and even allows you to just have a static white light. I like having it because it helps me see easier in the dark, and I am on my PC at night a lot. 

But I can understand it being distracting for some. I know my keyboard has a brightness toggle and you can even turn it off completely.  

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

My asus laptop has the RGB keyboard. But to be honest I find it distracting. I mean for gaming you need more RAM and Graphics card power instead of RGB keyboard. I honestly dont find glitter and shiny lights as gaming worthy. 

Is it just me?

Like @Kane99 said your laptop should have some software for controlling your RGB keyboard and other devices.  Assuming it's a an ASUS ROG Laptop them it's likely to be ASUS AURA SYNC Ultility.  See if you have that installed.

27 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Like @Kane99 said your laptop should have some software for controlling your RGB keyboard and other devices.  Assuming it's a an ASUS ROG Laptop them it's likely to be ASUS AURA SYNC Ultility.  See if you have that installed.

I have an ASUS TUF gaming laptop and the software to control the RGB keyboard was NOT installed by default. I never bothered to check before because I was happy enough with the default setting, but having looked at this thread I got curious and I had to install said software myself. The software I downloaded for my laptop is Aura Core, whereas I think that the software @Crazycrab recommended is actually for PC's to sync multiple RGB devices together rather than an in-built keyboard, but it can't hurt to try it anyway.

EDIT. Scrub what I said, Aura Core doesn't work. Try the software @Crazycrab suggested instead.

Edited by Shagger

58 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Yes what I have done is installed Aura sync and set the color to black. It worked. Honestly not a fan of flashy LEDs and the RGB keyboard. I love the specs of such laptops except this flashy part. 

I can totally understand. They're not for everyone. Some people prefer standard keyboards, maybe with just a white backlit keyboard. I think I would prefer that for a laptop, but a desktop I'd go with RGB. I like them because I like how it looks. 😄 I have LED strips under my desk and at one time had some LEDs on the back of my TV. I eventually wanted to put some under my bed and around the rest of my room lol. 

Yes the thing is as much as I like gaming, I hate flashy stuff. And another part is that I use same gaming laptop for work as well. And I hate to be distracted with thoe buttons flashing while my mind is on work. I guess I am not young anymore to like flashy stuff. 

On 9/29/2020 at 9:36 AM, AndreiMirfi said:

These keyboards are just a cosmetic upgrade.

Making the gaming experience better.

In my opinion, I like these keyboards.

Yeah - As a cosmetic upgrades, it's definitely well exploited there but for all round gaming experience, it's not that good for me.