Register Now
StaceyPowers

What game will you never play again?

Goblin Sword is one for me. It didn't end, it just stopped. I cleared every area, collected every armor, relic, and collectible, and it stopped. There was no climactic end to the game. Just a stop. It was fun as hell up until that point. I beat every boss in the game, and it just stopped. It feels like the developers lost interest when they were making the game, and just said "fuck it, we're done". I haven't played it in forever.

99% of all games I've ever played. I see little point in re-playing games, they loose their novelty. Even if I Liked them very much re-playing them won't bring the same enjoyment. For me most of the fun comes from exploring the story and the world, everything else is just the means to it. So after I experienced the story and explored the world to my satisfaction games have very little interest to me, unless they offer some twist that makes every playthrough unique and unpredictable.

3 minutes ago, m76 said:

99% of all games I've ever played. I see little point in re-playing games, they loose their novelty. Even if I Liked them very much re-playing them won't bring the same enjoyment. For me most of the fun comes from exploring the story and the world, everything else is just the means to it. So after I experienced the story and explored the world to my satisfaction games have very little interest to me, unless they offer some twist that makes every playthrough unique and unpredictable.

Yeah - it's actually very understandable to me because there is a friend of mine who doesn't replay any games once he's completed it. 

25 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's actually very understandable to me because there is a friend of mine who doesn't replay any games once he's completed it. 

Even I too don't play the same game again after completing. That's why I never select the easy mode. I know, after completing the whole mission, I will loose interest. Why not to select medium/high difficulty from the beginning itself. ,😁

World of Warcraft, I don’t know exactly when I started, but it was during Lich King. I’ve been sporadically on and off ever since then. The last time I was logged on was probably about a year ago. I’m done. You have a beautifully polished game with the worlds most toxic community, but specially PvE raids. It’s no surprise you had to add an extra difficulty and make the previous ones easier.

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Even I too don't play the same game again after completing. That's why I never select the easy mode. I know, after completing the whole mission, I will loose interest. Why not to select medium/high difficulty from the beginning itself. ,😁

Exactly - playing games on easy or even moderate to mode isn't for me because it's not going to be entertaining as when you complete it on difficulty level. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly - playing games on easy or even moderate to mode isn't for me because it's not going to be entertaining as when you complete it on difficulty level. 

Once you complete the game, the enthusiasm doesn't remain the same. I have seen many gamers, who actually complete a single game couple of times. They must be a hardcore gamer. I don't categorize myself to be addicted.

Once you complete the game, the enthusiasm doesn't remain the same. I have seen many gamers, who actually complete a single game couple of times. They must be a hardcore gamer. I don't categorize myself to be addicted.

It's actually true that the level of enthusiasm in playing the game over again drops a bit low after it's completed but it still doesn't make the game not to still be enjoyed at least. 

My father was like that, he'd replay his favorite games 10 or even 20 times.

29 minutes ago, m76 said:

I'm actually wired that way towards my favorite games as well. There is no way I could ever stop playing them ( Ghost of Tsushima and Horizon Zero Dawn). 

23 hours ago, m76 said:

Really? That's really nice to hear that. Your father play along along with you, that's so cute to know that.

Normally, I personally don't prefer to play a game several times. Though this is totally my personal opinion. 😊