Register Now
m76

Mafia Definitive edition is a terrible butchering of a classic

Finally someone sharing the same opinion as mine, i never liked the remake at all, maybe if you consider it as a whole other game then yes, it should be fine, but it shouldn't be called a remake for the original game at all, they just ruined everything and you don't feel like playing the original game at all.

Ridiculous voice actors, modified storyline events, modified map...

I've decided I want to get Mafia Definitive Ed. I've never played the original and I don't see myself jumping into a ps2 game. I've watched videos of this newer release and the scenery looks like I can have some fun with. Is there that much negativity towards it if I don't have the ps2 version to compare to? I actually want to get the trilogy, but the gb for ps4 would be 150gb to download. Screw that. So I decided to get one game in the series at a time. 

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I've decided I want to get Mafia Definitive Ed. I've never played the original and I don't see myself jumping into a ps2 game. I've watched videos of this newer release and the scenery looks like I can have some fun with. Is there that much negativity towards it if I don't have the ps2 version to compare to? I actually want to get the trilogy, but the gb for ps4 would be 150gb to download. Screw that. So I decided to get one game in the series at a time. 

If you read my review I actually praise the graphics and technical aspects of the game, it is the re-writing of the story and dialogue and changes to characters that is the disservice to the original.

If you never played the original you probably won't pick up on any of it, as you are not aware of the 'definitive' version.

Edited by m76