Register Now
The Blackangel

MTG, YGO, or Pokemon?

If you played any if these 3 which was your game? I was a MTG player. I played every Friday night, and in my first local tournament I won sportsmanship. I got my ass slaughtered quick as hell, and thought it was hilarious. I haven’t played in almost 20 years, but I still have the FNM hologram card I won that night. I was best with a blue/white deck. I played through all 5 elements and several mixed decks before I found my niche.

So what was/is your game?

I was definitely a Pokemon player and a very good one. I used to best everyone with my Pokemon teams. My almost every team I had included a Mew-Two(possibly my favorite Pokemon). It got so bad that people purposely deleted my saves because I used to whoop them every time.

On 10/3/2020 at 7:21 PM, killamch89 said:

I was definitely a Pokemon player and a very good one. I used to best everyone with my Pokemon teams. My almost every team I had included a Mew-Two(possibly my favorite Pokemon). It got so bad that people purposely deleted my saves because I used to whoop them every time.

Pokémon game isn't that bad if you looked at how it was trending back then when it's very popular among its competitors. I did enjoyed playing MTG online as well. 

On 10/3/2020 at 1:21 PM, killamch89 said:

Do you still have any of your cards? Is it that charizard (no idea if I spelled that right) that is so popular? You could probably get a couple bucks for it if you don't play anymore.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Do you still have any of your cards? Is it that charizard (no idea if I spelled that right) that is so popular? You could probably get a couple bucks for it if you don't play anymore.

You meant he could actually be able to sell off those cards if he still got them? I'm guessing ebay is going to be the platform to use and sell them? 

Or any collector. For example the Black Lotus MTG card goes for tens of thousands at auction when it comes up.

There was an Alpha Black Lotus autographed by designer and artist Christopher Rush that ranks as the most valuable Magic: The Gathering card of all time, fetching over half a million dollars at auction.

Edited by The Blackangel

I am.  I don't think I've ever lost a trading card.  I've lost toy cars on the playground, but most of them weren't that great.  I did lose a couple of Majorette Cadillac limos.  I'm kicking myself over losing them, but that was like 29 years ago when I was 8.  The one thing I regret never getting as a kid would be a Larry Bird or Kevin McHale action figure.

3 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I am.  I don't think I've ever lost a trading card.  I've lost toy cars on the playground, but most of them weren't that great.  I did lose a couple of Majorette Cadillac limos.  I'm kicking myself over losing them, but that was like 29 years ago when I was 8.  The one thing I regret never getting as a kid would be a Larry Bird or Kevin McHale action figure.

Seriously - you already have quite a collection already and I'm sure that a lot of people (Your buddies) might envy you. 

On 10/3/2020 at 5:41 AM, The Blackangel said:

If you played any if these 3 which was your game? I was a MTG player. I played every Friday night, and in my first local tournament I won sportsmanship. I got my ass slaughtered quick as hell, and thought it was hilarious. I haven’t played in almost 20 years, but I still have the FNM hologram card I won that night. I was best with a blue/white deck. I played through all 5 elements and several mixed decks before I found my niche.

So what was/is your game?

I normally a big fan of Pokémon cartoon series, which I used to watch in my childhood. But never really liked the game version of it. Though I never played the first 2, so I don't have other choice but to go with Pokemon go. 😊

36 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

I normally a big fan of Pokémon cartoon series, which I used to watch in my childhood. But never really liked the game version of it. Though I never played the first 2, so I don't have other choice but to go with Pokemon go. 😊

Seriously - most people really enjoy the cartoon series of Pokémon. I was so addicted to it. If I looked well enough, I might find some of the Pokémon toys I had back then.