Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe

On 10/3/2020 at 5:45 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I often stare at my games trying to decide which to play. How do you decide? Do you play whatever you feel or are you more hell bent on sticking to one game and finishing it. I'm all over the place just like in life. Am I indecisive, got ADD or something? I literally have a game in mind, go to get it, and say hmmm. 

I'm definitely not going to use Eeny Meeny Miny Moe pattern to choose a game to play. What happens if it falls on a horrible game I never want to play again? 🙄 

31 minutes ago, Shole said:

This is going to sound silly, but don't judge, I just go by feeling. If I feel like thinking I play strategies, if I feel like chilling I play sim games that are like CitySkylines or some random silly game like among us.

Personally, I don't see anything silly in going with your feelings or guts towards choosing a game to play. I actually do it sometimes. 

Here I am again really struggling on what game I want to play. I’ve been uploading games and deleting games on a regular basis. Trying to find what really pulls me in. Then there is the perfection anxiety where I know some games are so intense or beautiful that I may feel intimidated by it. I want to savior it. I want the moment to be perfect before I start playing and that moment is never. It’s like life, I should jump in there and live it. But I can’t because I make excuses. Eeny meeny miny moe. I’m not sure what I’m looking for. I have bad ass games installed. But what is it? I went full out on Nintendo a couple days ago. And the simplicity is fun. It’s not simple though, just not overwhelming either. I just don’t want so complex, don’t want so easy, don’t want too much brain, or too little brain. I don’t want so much overwhelming beauty because Illl get stuck in photo mode. I just want to play. Something ugly. And the darkness has arisen around me bwaaahahaha. Horror it is. Yes, a good horror. But there are none. Nothing scary out there. Nothing at all. What’s my idea of scary? Well, I don’t want scary anymore. I want fantasy with dragons and magic. All the fantasy, yes that’s what I want. Ok, putting in the disc. Oh shit, I don’t want fantasy anymore. I want to drive and run people over. Jam to music in my car in GTA or Saints Row; I want to talk to an elf and make love to a cyber woman. I want to be someone. I don’t want to be anyone. Eeny meeny miny fucking moe. 

This has been something I have gone through so many times and it is frustrating. I can never always work out if it is that I just do not know what to play that will keep me interested or if it is just lack in how good the games have been that have been released. 

I have gone days not playing any games in the past purely because I really do not know what to play.