Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe

I often stare at my games trying to decide which to play. How do you decide? Do you play whatever you feel or are you more hell bent on sticking to one game and finishing it. I'm all over the place just like in life. Am I indecisive, got ADD or something? I literally have a game in mind, go to get it, and say hmmm. 

Considering that I have several hundred games, I take forever to pick. First off I have to pick which system I want to play, which in itself is an ordeal. Then I have to go over my list, which is an even harder choice. What genre do I want to play? I have no idea half the time, and I'm so indecisive that sometimes I just go watch TV or read a book. But that there is a problem due to my indecisiveness.

I've posted my library several times, but here it is again, just to show how hard it is for me to make a choice.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NES - - -

8 Eyes
A Boy And His Blob
Abadox
Astynax
Bad Dudes
Batman
Battletoads
Blaster Master
Bubble Bobble
Castlequest
Castlevania 1,2,3
Clash At Demonhead
Contra
Contra Super C
Deadly Towers
Demon Sword
Dig Dug 2
Donkey Kong Classics
Double Dragon 1,2,3
Dr Mario
Dragon Warrior
Ducktales 2
Excitebike
Faxanadu
Festers Quest
Final Fantasy
Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll
Friday The 13th
Gauntlet 1,2
Gyromite
Hydlide
Iron Sword
Junior Edition Jeopardy
Karate Champ
Kid Icarus
Kings Knight
Kirbys Adventure
Kung Fu
Legacy Of The Wizard
Legend Of Zelda, The(gold)
Little Mermaid, The
Marble Madness
Mario Bros
Mega Man 2,3,4,6
Metroid
Milon's Secret Castle
Ninja Gaiden
Punch Out
Q*Bert
Rescue Rangers
Rocketeer, The
Rygar
Shadowgate
Solstice
Spy Hunter
Street Fighter 2010
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, SMB2,SMB3
T&C Surf Designs
Taboo The Sixth Sense
Tiger-Heli
Time Lord
TMNT 1,2,3
TMNT Tournament Fighters
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Willow
Wizards & Warriors
Yo! Noid
Yoshi
Zelda 2 The Adventure Of Link(gold)

Game Genie

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

SNES - - -

Arcades Greatest Hits
Beavis & Butthead
Blackthorne
Donkey Kong Country 1,2,3
Drakken
Earthworm Jim 2
Final Fantasy 2,3,4
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
F-Zero
Illusion Of Gaia
Jim Power The Lost Dimension In 3D
Killer Instinct (CIB minus soundtrack)
Lagoon
Legend Of The Mystical Ninja, The
Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past, The
Legend Of Zelda Goddess Of Wisdom, The
Legend Of Zelda Parallel Worlds, The
Lion King, The
Magic Sword
Mario All Stars
Mario Is Missing
Mario Kart
Mario Paint
Mario RPG Legend Of The 7 Stars
Mario World
Mega Man X
Mortal Kombat 1,2,3
Populous
Ren & Stimpy Veediots
Rocketeer, The (CIB)
Star Fox
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Super Off Road The Baja
Super Putty
Ultima The False Prophet
Ultimate Mortal Kombat
Warlock
Wild C.A.T.S.
Wizard Of Oz
Yoshi's Cookie

SUPER SCOPE-

Battle Clash
Metal Combat
Super Scope 6
X Zone
Yoshi's Safari

Super Game Boy

Game Genie

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

N64 - - -

1080 Snowboarding
Banjo Kazooie
Castlevania
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Daikatana
Donkey Kong 64
Forsaken 64
Hexen
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Mega Man 64
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
Namco Museum 64
Nightmare Creatures
Quest 64
South Park
Space Invaders
Star Fox 64
Star Wars Shadows Of The Empire
World Driver Championship
Zelda Majoras Mask (both gold, one hologram)
Zelda Ocarina Of Time (standard & gold)
Zelda Ocarina Of Time Master Quest

Game Shark

SWITCH - - -

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS---

A Knight's Quest
Active Neurons 2
Agony
Akane
Aldred Knight
American Fugitive
Among The Sleep - Enhanced Edition
Anodyne
Aqua Lungers
Ascendance

Beholder
Blasphemous
Bleed Complete Bundle (Bleed, Bleed 2)
Blood Breed
Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon 2
Bouncy Bob

Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger
Castle Of Heart
Classic Games Collection Volume 1
Cosmic Star Heroine
Cuphead
Cyber Complex

Defunct
Degrees Of Separation
Ding Dong XL

Earthworms
Elemental Knights R

Fight Crab
Flashback
Fobia

Goblin Sword
Great Perhaps, The

Half Dead
Hand Of Fate 2
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Him & Her

Indygo
Infliction

Jumping Joe & Friends

Layers Of Fear: Legacy
Lydia

Not Not - A Brain Buster

Outlast
Outlast 2

Poly Puzzle

Redneck Skeet Shooting
Remnants Of Naezith
Revenge Of The Bird King
REZ PLZ
Riddled Corpses EX

Seeders Puzzle Reboot
Shalnor Legends: Sacred Lands
Singled Out
Slender: The Arrival
Sniper
Snowboarding The Next Phase
Soul Searching
Submerged
Syberia 2
Sydney Hunter And The Curse Of The Mayan

The Childs Sight
The Way Remastered
Thief Simulator
Trancelation

Warlocks 2: God Slayers
Wunderling

CARTRIDGES---

Assassins Creed 3
Collection Of Mana (Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret Of Mana, Trials Of Mana)
FF7/FF8 (dual game cartridge)
FFX/X2
Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild, The
Legend Of Zelda Link's Awakening, The
Mario Odyssey
Octopath Traveler
Skyrim
South Park The Fractured But Whole
Tiny Barbarian DX
Titan Quest
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
Witcher 3, The

GAME BOY - - -

Arcade 4 Defender/Joust
Donkey Kong Land
Jungle Book
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park DNA Factor
Killer Instinct
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Metroid II
Mole Mania
My Little Pony Rainbow
Namco Museum (Ms. Pac Man, Pole Position, Dig Dug, Galaga, Galaxian)
Pagemaster, The
Pinocchio
Pocahontas
Quad Desert Fury
Speedy Gonzales
Spyro 2 Season Of Flame
Spyro Attack Of The Rhynots
Super Mario Deluxe
Super Mario Land 1,2
Tak & The Power Of Juju
Zelda 4 Swords
Zelda A Link To The Past
Zelda Links Awakening (Color, and Original)
Zelda Minish Cap
Zelda Oracle Of Ages (GBA Copy & GB Color Copy)
Zelda Oracle Of Seasons

Game Genie

SEGA GENESIS - - -

Beavis & Butthead
Clue
Galahad
Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Jurassic Park
Pinocchio
Pitfall The Mayan Adventure
Risky Woods
Shining In The Darkness
Sonic 1,2
Sonic & Knuckles
Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition
Sub-Terrania
Tinhead
Toy Story

PS1 - - -

Castlevania Symphony Of The Night
Coolboarders 2,3,4,2001
DarkStone
Final Fantasy 8
MDK
Monopoly

PS3 - - -

Assassins Creed 1,2,3
Bound By Flame
Castlevania Lords Of Shadows 1,2
Dantes Inferno
Dark Kingdom
Darksiders 1,2
Dark Souls 1,2
Defiance (DDL)
Demons Souls
Devil May Cry 1,2,3,4
Dishonored (2 Copies)
Dragon Age II
Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition (DA Origins, DA Origins Awakening)
Dragons Dogma
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Fallen Angel Sacred II
Family Guy Back To The Multiverse
Final Fantasy X, X2
God Of War 1,2,3, Chains Of Olympus, Ghost Of Sparta, Ascension
Heavenly Sword
Hunted: The Demons Forge
Infamous Collection (Infamous, Infamous2, Infamous: Festival Of Blood)
Lair
Last Of Us, The
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge
Reckoning Kingdom Of Amalur
Remember Me
Rise Of The Argonauts
Risen 2 Dark Waters
Risen 3 Titan Lords
South Park The Stick Of Truth
Thief
Two Worlds

PS4 - - -

Bloodborne
Dragon Age Inquisition
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
For Honor Gold Edition
God Of War
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Lords Of The Fallen
Man Of Medan
Pillars Of Eternity Complete Edition
Red Dead Redemption II
Shovel Knight
Styx: Shards Of Darkness

XBOX ONE - - -

Evolve
GreedFall
Lichdom Battlemage
Life Is Strange 1,2
Life Is Strange Before The Storm
Red Dead Redemption II
Ryse Son Of Rome (Legendary Edition)
Tell Me Why
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, The

ATARI - - -

(GP = Game Program)

3 Tele Games
Air-Sea Battle(2)(GP)
Asteroids(2)
Astroblast
Backgammon(GP)
Barnstorming
Basketball(2)
Battlezone
Berzerk(3)
Blackjack(GP)
Bowling
Breakout
Bridge
Canyon Bomber
Centipede
Circus Atari(2)(GP)
Combat (GP) (4)
Daemons To Diamonds
Defender(2)
Dig Dug
Dodge 'Em(2)
Donkey Kong(2)
E.T. The Extra Terrestrial(3)
Fast Food
Football
Football(GP)
Freeway(2)
Frogger(2)
Frogs & Flies
Grand Prix(2)
Haunted House(2)
Home Run(GP)
Human Cannonball
Indy 500
Joust
Jr. Pac-Man
Jungle Hunt(2)
Kaboom
Kangaroo
Mario Bros.
Maze Craze(2)
Miniature Golf(GP)
Missile Command
Mouse Trap
Night Driver(2)
Pac-Man(3)
Phoenix (possibly broken?)
Pitfall(2)
Pong Sports
Q*Bert(2)
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
River Raid
Shark Attack
Skiing
Sky Diver
Slot Machine(GP)
Space Invaders(3)(GP)
Space War
Spiderman
Stampede
Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back
Street Racer(GP)
Super Breakout(2)
Swordquest: Earthworld
Swordquest: Fireworld(2)
Video Checkers(GP)
Video Chess(GP)
Video Olympics(2)(GP)
Video Pinball(GP)
Warlords(2)(GP)
Word Zapper
Yars' Revenge

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A little bit of a decision, as I have a couple to chose from, huh?

Holy smokes!!! Do your games play well for the NES w/o having to blow on the games a 100 times? Looking at the list brought back all kinds of memories. I have around 150 games for the NES, PS2, PS3, and PS4. I have the old NES that works and the new NES classic edition that has games on it. I have the Sega PS2 game with a bunch of my favorite Sega games, but I count as one game. Mostly play the ps3 and ps4 though which together is around 60 games. Since you like the classics and have a bunch, I would be a crack head running through a pharmacy!

Sometimes I think about just writing games on a piece of paper, draw it from a bowl, and play it.  

Yes they work. I take special care of them. But still, the NES is a 35 year old system, so it's obviously going to be moody as hell and can take a little prodding to get going. The Atari is even older as it was released in 1977 which makes it 43 years old. Yet mine all work just fine.

The classics are almost the only thing I play. As you can see, I have some current gen games, but I rarely go past the N64 when I'm choosing something to play. Unless I'm wanting something wildly different with more realistic graphics. I've said a million times that I absolutely LOVE RDR2. That's not exactly 35 years old.

One thing I love about Mario Odyssey, is that it incorporates parts where you play it as the original SMB setup and graphics. I was elated to see that.

Edited by The Blackangel

Once I get a taste of the graphics, it's hard for me to go back. I love the realism in exploration. Classics will always have a special place though. I used to drink a lot, don't know why I bring it up, but to make the point that once I reach a certain point, all those newer complicated and technical games just become a buzz kill. Then I pop in a classic like Contra or Golden Axe and go crazy. 

I've been giving RDR2 another chance and have actually been enjoying it. Still some getting used to. I last played it last night and got frustrated just switching hats. I got the legendary bear hat, and was switching hats, but kept dropping the Civil War hat on the ground and I have to get off the horse to get it like 15 times I did that while bounty hunters show up and I have to take off w/o the hat. Then just restart it again so I wouldn't lose my hat! I caught a mustang and was riding it to a stable when a pack of wolves killed me and all that work I lost the horse even after reloading my last save when I had the horse. All that was last night. 

But I'm all over the place. One minute I want a space game, then a horror, then a relaxing game, then something with story, then something easy, then exploration, then zombie, then dragons, then tanks, then aliens, then mafia, then AI, then I don't know. I'm playing quite a few very long open world games and I know I won't be finishing them any time soon. So to sprinkle flavor I start other games that are more linear. Just recently started Resident Evil 7 and I plan on finishing around Halloween if I can. 

I catch myself looking at my collection wondering what I should play next. Sometimes I just stare at my games and just remember the good old times when I played them a ton. These days I haven't played a whole lot. Just been playing a lot of THPS1+2 remastered. 

How do I decide on what games to play? Well that's a good question because I often just jump on my Xbox and see what they have on gamepass, so I tend to overlook what I already have at this point. I took out my PS2 a while back and was thinking of playing that more, especially with some of my backlog there. But I can't seem to ever get to it. 

19 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I took out my PS2 a while back and was thinking of playing that more, especially with some of my backlog there. But I can't seem to ever get to it. 

There are a few ps2 games I want to play, but by the time I set up my ps2 and pick a game, the world would have already ended. Note to self: pick a day to play nothing but classics. 

When I get to gaming i play games like SMB, The Legend Of Zelda, Astyanax, Contra, A Boy And His Blob, Castlevania 1/2/3, Q*Bert, Legend Of The Mystical Ninja, Mario World, 1080 Snowboarding, Mario 64, mario Kart 64, Zelda OoT, the list goes on and on and on. And that's just games from only 3 systems. Granted they're my favorite 3, but still. I play a lot of games on my switch, but 90% of them have 16bit graphics or lower. I guess I just can't get past what I truly love no matter what I'm offered.

23.gif

That’s not even all my games. I didn’t list PS2, 360, Game Cube, Wii, DS/3DS, or Game Gear. There’s a few other systems here that I don’t really play much anymore, but I can’t think of what they are at the moment. Anyway, from what I listed above, I have more Mario Kart games than anything else, so that would probably seem to be the obvious answer. But in all honesty, I kinda like F-Zero a lot. Pole Position is a lot of fun too. Grand Prix and Indy 500 have always been a great time.

It’s like scanning Netflix’s library for 30 minutes than picking nothing. With an increase in choice, it gets harder to pick something. There’s a name for this somewhere.

I have this same issue. Too many games, have over 200 games in my library and so what I am doing now is planning for the future. Right now Sales are on and that RDR2 drops. I have planned to play that game everyday, and is it true? nope. Before then I have avoided playing any games in a similar genre. And I am trying to knock out personal projects so I don’t feel so guilty. End of the day we all stick to out most played games 🙂 We all have out number one most spent hours games don't we? 

Personally, I never have this problem. I never have a moment where I want to sit down and play a game but don't know which one. Either I've bought a new game and I'm sitting down specifically to play it. Or something, somewhere in my life or during my day reminded me of an old game I had played once, and I think, "Huh, I want to go back and replay that now," and so I do. If I ever sit down in front of my console, it's because I have a specific game in mind. Maybe I just have less free time than you guys? xD

1 hour ago, staticradio725 said:

Personally, I never have this problem. I never have a moment where I want to sit down and play a game but don't know which one. Either I've bought a new game and I'm sitting down specifically to play it. Or something, somewhere in my life or during my day reminded me of an old game I had played once, and I think, "Huh, I want to go back and replay that now," and so I do. If I ever sit down in front of my console, it's because I have a specific game in mind. Maybe I just have less free time than you guys? xD

You are a very decisive person. My mind changes a lot. 

7 hours ago, Empire said:

End of the day we all stick to out most played games 🙂 We all have out number one most spent hours games don't we? 

That is true. I have a go-to game myself. I should play that one while I decide what to play! LOL

16 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

You are a very decisive person. My mind changes a lot. 

That is true. I have a go-to game myself. I should play that one while I decide what to play! LOL

And that's that then, what's your go to game 🙂