Register Now
Kane99

Do you mute game lobbies these days?

Whenever I game, I tend to mute the game lobby. I'm usually with a group of friends anyway, so muting the lobby is a no brainer. These days people still swear up storms and act like children when it comes to public game lobbies. Especially in games like Call of Duty. I was playing COD MW a while back, had no mic connected, but I could still hear the players complain between games. It was funny and also annoying at the same time. 

I have anxiety, so I usually just mute every game lobby I play in. If anyone does bug me though, I usually just mute, block or even report if they get too out of hand. Plus, I don't want to hear some dumb 12 year olds saying racial slurs and other dumb stuff. 

So, do you mute public game lobbies? Or do you like to sometimes listen to what they have to say? 

These days I'm usually in discord voice or in a private party with friends anyway. 

I don't mind game lobbies if they speak the same language as me (English, fyi) however in games such as Fortnite, Europe lobbies are full of everyone but English speakers. I don't mind trolls/toxic people, just a bit of banter.

I'll admit though, it is fun killing someone in COD and hearing them scream before the mic cuts out. That is always fun. Whenever I would get killed, I'd try to say something dumb or make dumb noises though. Just to make them think I'm not taking it too seriously. Causes some fun discussions lol. 

It is a huge distraction for me when people are shouting and screaming down the microphone like children. This would happen to me a lot when I played FIFA as people were so cocky and shouted abuse. It is even worse when they are young with a high pitched voice. Ever since those days I just mute every kind of gaming situation where I am faced with other people, just to be on the safe side!

6 hours ago, 22_22 said:

It is a huge distraction for me when people are shouting and screaming down the microphone like children. This would happen to me a lot when I played FIFA as people were so cocky and shouted abuse. It is even worse when they are young with a high pitched voice. Ever since those days I just mute every kind of gaming situation where I am faced with other people, just to be on the safe side!

Lobbies in games were awful back when the 360/ps3 came out. I was so glad that I could join a private party with my friends instead of listening to that annoying racket anymore. These days I just mute the whole lobby or don't even wear my mic. I noticed that people don't seem to talk in the lobbies all that much anymore. 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'll admit though, it is fun killing someone in COD and hearing them scream before the mic cuts out. That is always fun. Whenever I would get killed, I'd try to say something dumb or make dumb noises though. Just to make them think I'm not taking it too seriously. Causes some fun discussions lol. 

I never enable the game lobby sound for this reasona  lot of gamers scream and that is kind of annoying. 

Well I usually give them the benefit of the doubt, as soon as they start talking russian tho I mute it. I mean I got nothing against it, I love Russia, but I don't understand it and mostly they don't speak english.

On 10/5/2020 at 10:20 AM, skyfire said:

I think game lobbies and the game chat has been toxic for some time now. I know a lot of folks are being pretty toxic in the gaming chat. So some of the times muting it is only option. 

Most of the time, I don't really take them seriously unless it's a conversation that I started myself. I don't like getting into discussions that wouldn't benefit me.