Register Now
Kane99

Lets guess what GTA VI will be about, setting, protagonist, etc

So GTA VI hasn't yet been announced, but it's likely we'll be hearing more after the PS5 and new Xbox comes out. I suspect 2021 we'll get our first bit of news and then we'll find out when we can expect GTA VI. But, what do you think they will do in terms of the setting? What about the protagonist? Will they continue the player switch option they had in GTA V and have multiple protagonists? What about a female protagonist? I could see that finally happening. 

I'm hoping they go back to Vice City, and maybe even Liberty City. Or, it could be a completely new setting altogether. 

What do you think we can expect in a new GTA? I don't care about the online mode, but if you want to discuss that as well, you're welcome to. 🙂 

I'm still waiting on a female protagonist, but I doubt they'll do it. Rockstar has a terrible recent track record with "protagonists" anyway as I've hated all of them since GTAIV.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I wish it was more RPG like, with more freedom to do you, instead of walking a predetermined path with a predetermined character

I wish the story mode had a character creator, but more customizable than the one in GTA5 online, that's more like a randomizer.

By turn it is supposed to be set in Vice City. But I actually wish it was a brand new setting. Something European even, based on Paris, or Brussels, perhaps Berlin, just not England, I hate to drive on the wrong side of the road.

I wonder if they will stick with the option of 3 characters they introduced in GTA V. In my opinion, it was a cool concept; but do they go back to the 1-character-story? Who knows. I've heard rumours of an international map too, which are probably fake, but if it did happen that would be super cool.

On 10/5/2020 at 5:40 PM, Kane99 said:

maybe even Liberty City

they already used Liberty City in 3 games (GTA 3, Liberty city stories and GTA 4) and 2 DLC's (Tlad and Tbogt), so i don't think they will use it again, same goes to Vice city, it's been used in 2 games, Los Santos too, maybe it will take place in a whole new map and different characters too, some old characters won't be used due to the conflicts they have with voice actors, but i guess they will use some of them as referrences as usual

I just wish they could change the storyline and put more characters into the game.

The GTA 5 is a great game but the storyline is kind of lame.

They really need to step up their games and involve more characters and cities in the game for a change.

21 hours ago, Peterlight said:

I just wish they could change the storyline and put more characters into the game.

The GTA 5 is a great game but the storyline is kind of lame.

They really need to step up their games and involve more characters and cities in the game for a change.

Also the ability to play as 3 characters is one of the reasons why the storyline was just real bad, i mean you are supposed to play as one person not a group.

As for now, let's hope they don't repeat the same mistake since they didn't release a new GTA for 7 years now

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

Also the ability to play as 3 characters is one of the reasons why the storyline was just real bad, i mean you are supposed to play as one person not a group.

As for now, let's hope they don't repeat the same mistake since they didn't release a new GTA for 7 years now

They could like make it so you choose a character. They did an amazing thing with character selection in 2k21 where they put all the previous players (well nicknames of players) into a G league team that you go against. So they might do that as well, make a bigger map and let you choose what you will do.

As for the protagonist I think they might go with an Islamic character and a Eastern European one, I think that will be the main focus on the new one.

I'd appreciate if there are no oppressors/overpowered futuristic/non lore-friendly vehicles in GTA online. That being said, I'd like them to add back elements of GTA San Andreas where you can work out and put on muscle and other stuff like that. I thought it was a really cool concept back then and they need to reintroduce it in another capacity. I also would like it if you could create your own character for the single play story but what they could do is let you choose a generic name the game calls you so that you can have those voiced sequences and it sounds authentic but will also immerse you in the story some more. 

Based on rumours, females for sure will be added in as playable characters, I'd say vice city again although way more detailed and way bigger (possibly even a way to get out of vice city to other areas?), story would be hard to even think of since I have no clue how they even are going to start the game off (ex; first mission).

On 1/6/2021 at 10:24 AM, killamch89 said:

I'd appreciate if there are no oppressors/overpowered futuristic/non lore-friendly vehicles in GTA online. That being said, I'd like them to add back elements of GTA San Andreas where you can work out and put on muscle and other stuff like that. I thought it was a really cool concept back then and they need to reintroduce it in another capacity. I also would like it if you could create your own character for the single play story but what they could do is let you choose a generic name the game calls you so that you can have those voiced sequences and it sounds authentic but will also immerse you in the story some more. 

I would like for them to bring the weight/muscle options back as well. I wouldn't mind making my guy fat, and then transform him into healthier person lol. 😄

26 minutes ago, Syntax said:

Based on rumours, females for sure will be added in as playable characters, I'd say vice city again although way more detailed and way bigger (possibly even a way to get out of vice city to other areas?), story would be hard to even think of since I have no clue how they even are going to start the game off (ex; first mission).

I heard it may be a female protagonist as well. I'm down with that. All for changing it up a bit. Unless they're going to go the route of letting you choose a male or female main character, each with their own voiced storylines. Kind of what Cyberpunk 2077 did. Maybe, idk. I could see them trying to do the multiple protagonists thing again, but idk if they really need to. 

As for first mission, it can be anything. It's not like we're following a connecting storyline. Each new game in the series, mostly showcased new players anyway, so it will probably start off with a heist, a prison break, or someone coming to Vice City to make it rich. Anything is possible with Rockstar. I'm excited to see what they have in store for us. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Unless they're going to go the route of letting you choose a male or female main character,

OMG NO, i hope they don't add the same BS of GTA V again, 3 characters in a single game was a pain in the back, you should only play as one with decent storyline, having a female as a protagonist isn't an issue (atleast for me), but repeating the same bs that people didn't like is just real bad..

Miami during the 90s would definitely be interesting to see, also a revamped Vice City. Personally I'd love to see a GTA set in the 70s because of the cars, music, culture etc. But it's pretty unrealistic considering Rockstar have stuck to more recent years for their last few GTA games.

This time around I think Rockstar will stick to just one player character, apart from the online character. GTA V was great because it meshed three different player stories together, but I think Rockstar will do something even better this time. Also a Y2K heist would be fly as hell, would definitely be interesting if it was set in like 1998 and built up to a big Y2K heist

On 1/13/2021 at 7:34 PM, Shole said:

Well bois, it is announced that we will have a female protagonist choice. Any ideas what her storie will be?

Probably some betrayal or revenge stuff again, just like in almost every previous GTA, i hope i'm wrong, otherwise, we will have the same repetitive "go here go there, work for this guy and that guy etc...)