Register Now
Kane99

Too many remasters and too little new IPs

On 10/7/2020 at 11:16 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

We should be expecting hell of a lot from the gaming industry next year and years to come since the new systems are coming out and more people at home. Makes me excited for this new wave. That's if they don't stay stuck in remastering everything when the world needs them to make something new!!!

All we can do is to expect them to offer us something meaningful in the end but I don't really have much high hopes on them because they are very good with disappointing us lately. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

If the remastered versions meet the requirements then fine, I'll still stick to it, unless it's simply looking like it's old self before I'll leave it completely condemning it's devs. 

When it comes to making video games remasters, these gaming companies aren't after making something unique anymore. It's on rare occasions that you get to see a remaster that's worth it. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

When it comes to making video games remasters, these gaming companies aren't after making something unique anymore. It's on rare occasions that you get to see a remaster that's worth it. 

That's true, not all remasters are worth it some are simply carried out due to the fact they still want more profit from the game lacking expertise to go about new edition. Simply fixing some little things and calling it The remastered version, but generally it's the same with the older type. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's true, not all remasters are worth it some are simply carried out due to the fact they still want more profit from the game lacking expertise to go about new edition. Simply fixing some little things and calling it The remastered version, but generally it's the same with the older type. 

Gamers keeps looking for new things in games, and it's why we get exploited in so many ways. Some games are so shitty but you see gamers buying it. 

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

As long as they try to make one that's worth the pay once in a while, it offers a little bit of hope that we may see something good in the future. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

As long as they try to make one that's worth the pay once in a while, it offers a little bit of hope that we may see something good in the future. 

They simply make us think about awesome features when they talk about remastered version. But in some cases it's simply not the way they talked about. 

On 10/16/2021 at 5:54 PM, Justin11 said:

They simply make us think about awesome features when they talk about remastered version. But in some cases it's simply not the way they talked about. 

In most cases, they just don't have more new ideas to implement in making these games remasters which makes them copy what they have already done. 

On 10/12/2020 at 6:19 PM, ARx182 said:

I agree with the OP. There's so many existing good games that could do with a remastered version. A lot of new games are pretty rubbish; why think of something new when there's ideas sitting there waiting to be used.                                        

If the devs can simply focus on remastering the older version games, it will make sense, instead of building another editions simply creating what they like and not what gamers love to see. 

On 10/20/2021 at 10:18 PM, Boblee said:

In most cases, it's their greedy and eyes only on the mainstream of money they are going to make from the game that makes them even flop the remasters too. 

When you check at times, you'll simply find out that, the remake or remastered version is no difference with the previous version. That's why I don't care much about remastered.