Register Now
Kane99

First game you ever beat?

What is the first game you ever beat or finished? For me, I believe it was Super Mario Bros. 3. I had some help from my mom, but I was able to finally beat it. I felt so awesome for beating it. What was the first game you ever beat or finished? 

I have been gaming as young as I can remember but what I cannot for the life of me remember is ever completing a full game. I think the closest I came to this was completing a career mode simulation in one of the FIFA games in my early teen years. The career modes only last for 15 seasons/years and it took me a hell of a long time to achieve. I guess it is impressive in some ways but I actually found it annoying, I wish I could have gone on longer as I had to restart all over again. Not as impressive to me.

Wow, that’s a hard one. There are so many games I played as a kid that don’t really have an ending. Pac-man, Asteroids, Frogger, Q*Bert, and so on. If I have to give a title I would put it on SMB. The only real problem I had as a 5 year old, was getting the pattern correct in 8-4 to get to Bowser. 

On 10/10/2020 at 5:53 PM, The Blackangel said:

Wow, that’s a hard one. There are so many games I played as a kid that don’t really have an ending. Pac-man, Asteroids, Frogger, Q*Bert, and so on. If I have to give a title I would put it on SMB. The only real problem I had as a 5 year old, was getting the pattern correct in 8-4 to get to Bowser. 

I have been gaming since I was 3 years old and I'm not sure if I'd remember the first game I ever finished. I probably should get a time machine...:classic_biggrin:

Gaming was different back in the late 70's and early 80's. It was new technology, and not a lot of people could afford it, despite new systems running on average $150. Nowadays, every household has video game consoles and computers, which was unheard of back then. My first system was a Colecovision. I had a couple games on it that were the non-ending type like Ladybug(Pac-Man spinoff) and Donkey Kong. I had a couple others, but can't for the life of me remember what the hell they were. So as for actually beating a game, It would have had to be SMB on NES.

Edited by The Blackangel

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Gaming was different back in the late 70's and early 80's. It was new technology, and not a lot of people could afford it, despite new systems running on average $150. Nowadays, every household has video game consoles and computers, which was unheard of back then. My first system was a Colecovision. I had a couple games on it that were the non-ending type like Ladybug(Pac-Man spinoff) and Donkey Kong. I had a couple others, but can't for the life of me remember what the hell they were. So as for actually beating a game, It would have had to be SMB on NES.

My first consoles were the first Nintendo console as well as the Sega Genesis. Back then, I used to rush home to play killer instinct and Mortal Kombat (How time flies!).

I think it must have been some point and click adventure game that I first finished, but I have no idea which one. Based on a walkthrough guide OFC as I had zero english knowledge back then, and it's hard to complete an adventure game if you don't have a bloody idea what it's about.

The first game I actuallly remember finishing was Doom in 1995 (because that's when I had a computer that could run it). We did it in hotseat coop with a friend during summer break.

I think it was a tied between Burnout and Midnight Club - I just can't recall which one I did first. Definitely was an amazing feeling seeing everything unlocked, like all levels and all of the vehicles. I can't remember which year I did it though sadly.