Register Now
Shagger

Mad respect to Simon Cardy at IGN.

IGN has an unfortunate, but somewhat earned reputation for not putting the interest of gamers first. Their weird scoring system that gives terrible games above average scores, a willingness to bow down to developer/publisher demands and even plagiarism (to be fair, IGN didn't know) has been noticed by many over time. However, I have seen a change in IGN over the past couple of years. A more rebellious, outspoken IGN talking more for the gamer, surmised by Simon Cardy and his review of FIFA 21 Legacy Edition on Nintendo Switch. You don't even have to read the whole article, it's perfectly summed up in the very opening paragraph, and it's a brilliant, clean version of saying "FUCK YOU EA!" that FIFA fans, and fans of other EA sports franchises need to pay attention too.

simon.thumb.PNG.ca9217613985b7773e21e1064eb2529b.PNG

The only thing he changed was the score. FIFA 20 on the Switch he gave 4/10, FIFA 21 gets a 2/10.

The message is clear. EA, we've had enough of this copy and paste bullshit. There are people buying into EA's ridiculous excuse that they have to do this to Switch version because the console isn't powerful enough. Well, if that's you, I challenge you to explain to me why the recommended settings lists GPU's that are older than a PS4 or XBox One?

fifaspec.PNG.ab58de0f2d35896a4eca194c86186d7a.PNG

The Witcher 3 asks more of hardware than this, and that game runs fine on the Switch. There is no excuse.

We're at the point where have to starting blaming not just EA, but the FIFA fans. EA keeps doing this because you keep letting them. How do you keep letting them you ask?

BECAUSE YOU BUY THE GAMES! AND YOU BUY THOSE STUPID CARD PACKS! EA TAKES THE PISS OUT OF YOU BECAUSE YOU BUY THEM! YEAR AFTER YEAR! YOU NEED TO STOP BUYING THEM!

I have lost all sympathy for the EA Sports fans who get upset at EA for doing this to them because they're doing it to themselves. If they would just stop buying the games and card packs and hurt the bottom line, something would change. Either EA would step up their game or FIFA would take the licence away and give it to someone else.

So if you are  a fan of FIFA or any of the EA Spots franchises that dwell in this same empty, soulless pit completely devoid of any care from the people who make the games, stop buying them. Trust me, if all you did, it would be better in the end for everyone.

Edited by Shagger

Haha that is brilliant. I am glad IGN are allowing their employees to give their honest opinions on games. This can be said for every EA sports game, Madden, NBA Live, and whatever the hell else they do sports wise. It's all the same shit year in and year out. I don't know how many times I played a new madden (mind you, years later, never buy that trash new lol), but each one was essentially the same, with just some added things here and there. The graphics, animations, gameplay are always all the same. I don't understand it. 

It's why I have such a huge fondness for ESPN NFL 2K5, because it has better presentation, gameplay, and even animations than the newer Madden games have. When was the last time a sports game had a literal ESPN commentator going through the first half of the game in great detail? And then a post game show going into detail about the second half? Wow, who knew it could have been done. That game alone, was why EA paid so much money for the NFL license, because Sega and Visual Concepts became a massive threat to them. It's still my favorite sports game, and I now want to play it. That's one reason I want the new Xbox, so I can stream it finally. 😄 

But seriously, EA needs to adapt with the times and start to make changes to their hit sports franchises soon, because what they're making isn't new. They could go free to play, and update the game every so often with new DLC packs. I would even accept that to some extent. 

On 10/9/2020 at 2:46 PM, Kane99 said:

Haha that is brilliant. I am glad IGN are allowing their employees to give their honest opinions on games. This can be said for every EA sports game, Madden, NBA Live, and whatever the hell else they do sports wise. It's all the same shit year in and year out. I don't know how many times I played a new madden (mind you, years later, never buy that trash new lol), but each one was essentially the same, with just some added things here and there. The graphics, animations, gameplay are always all the same. I don't understand it. 

It's why I have such a huge fondness for ESPN NFL 2K5, because it has better presentation, gameplay, and even animations than the newer Madden games have. When was the last time a sports game had a literal ESPN commentator going through the first half of the game in great detail? And then a post game show going into detail about the second half? Wow, who knew it could have been done. That game alone, was why EA paid so much money for the NFL license, because Sega and Visual Concepts became a massive threat to them. It's still my favorite sports game, and I now want to play it. That's one reason I want the new Xbox, so I can stream it finally. 😄 

But seriously, EA needs to adapt with the times and start to make changes to their hit sports franchises soon, because what they're making isn't new. They could go free to play, and update the game every so often with new DLC packs. I would even accept that to some extent. 

That's why I stopped buying EA sports titles for the past 5+ years. It's basically the same game from 5 years ago with a few improvements and they keep re-introducing features from old games as "brand new/innovative features". 

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's why I stopped buying EA sports titles for the past 5+ years. It's basically the same game from 5 years ago with a few improvements and they keep re-introducing features from old games as "brand new/innovative features". 

I've been getting all EA games used anyway, so no money is going to them 😄 And, I usually get a game of theirs like 3-4 years back, so I'll be playing something like Madden 17 while Madden 21 or something is out. There's literally no point in buying any of the new ones, especially when you can get older games for like a few dollars. I've never purchased any new sports games from Madden for that reason lol. Been doing this since like Madden 07 lol. 

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I've been getting all EA games used anyway, so no money is going to them 😄 And, I usually get a game of theirs like 3-4 years back, so I'll be playing something like Madden 17 while Madden 21 or something is out. There's literally no point in buying any of the new ones, especially when you can get older games for like a few dollars. I've never purchased any new sports games from Madden for that reason lol. Been doing this since like Madden 07 lol. 

That's a very good strategy to be honest but I've joined the PC master race for close to a decade now so I've gone the digital games route. However, I choose not to buy any EA games at all because I was burnt with Star Wars Battlefront and have never purchased outside of NFS heat since that.