Register Now
Kane99

Why do old PS1/PS2 controllers have gross analog sticks?

10 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

XD, okay I heard you right. Play Station 4, 5 are simply modern video games, so you should always expect their controller sticks to be well constructed. 

Playing with my Playstation 1 injured me on more than one occasion as a result of how the analog control was hard. It when broke at one point when I was using it. 

PS1, 2 controllers aren't all that strong if you ask me. Because, it doesn't take up to two weeks you'll find out the controller is simply weak via the analog side. And when it is open it can strain the hand quick, because it pulls the leather off too. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Playing with my Playstation 1 injured me on more than one occasion as a result of how the analog control was hard. It when broke at one point when I was using it. 

Hmm, that's a sad one buddy, I believe the way it's built made it prone to causing a gamer injury especially when the rubber pulls out from the analog. 

18 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Hmm, that's a sad one buddy, I believe the way it's built made it prone to causing a gamer injury especially when the rubber pulls out from the analog. 

I actually didn't have the money to replace the Playstation 1 controller back then when the analog broke off which made me played with it till I got hurt. 

On 10/17/2021 at 10:58 AM, Boblee said:

When I was still a teenager, visiting video games houses, I have seen lots of PS1 and PS2 controllers that are damaged in such manner but are still being used to play. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

I actually didn't have the money to replace the Playstation 1 controller back then when the analog broke off which made me played with it till I got hurt. 

I know the analog pull off it's what injured you, due to the fact that, the analog is guided by plastic that is painful when you've stayed longer playing the game. 

On 10/17/2021 at 10:42 AM, Justin11 said:

PS1, 2 controllers aren't all that strong if you ask me. Because, it doesn't take up to two weeks you'll find out the controller is simply weak via the analog side. And when it is open it can strain the hand quick, because it pulls the leather off too. 

I think you're mistaking the PS3 controllers with the PS2 ones. The PS2 analogs and controller are way more durable than the gamecube controllers and comparable to the original Xbox controllers.

10 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I know the analog pull off it's what injured you, due to the fact that, the analog is guided by plastic that is painful when you've stayed longer playing the game. 

It wasn't a pull off but a break out of the top part of the analog round head. How it broke off is still what I never expected to happen. 

Just now, Patrik said:

you just stated a childhood nightmare, it always happens when you are out of money as a kid ;-;

It was truely a big nightmare for most people who had Playstation 1 back then because there was no way it wouldn't happen to yours. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

It was truely a big nightmare for most people who had Playstation 1 back then because there was no way it wouldn't happen to yours. 

the good thing that analogs weren't a very popular thing in most of PS1 controllers, which was a sort of a huge advantage, then it went viral with PS2 controls with Dualshock support

3 minutes ago, Patrik said:

the good thing that analogs weren't a very popular thing in most of PS1 controllers, which was a sort of a huge advantage, then it went viral with PS2 controls with Dualshock support

I played lots of racing games on my Playstation 1 injured and it's strictly with analog that I played with. It really took time for me to adapt to not using it for my racing. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

It wasn't a pull off but a break out of the top part of the analog round head. How it broke off is still what I never expected to happen. 

Hmm, I got what you meant, such can be injurious cos it exposes your fingers to a sharp objects, because it's dangerous. The best thing it's simply to drop it and avoid injuring your hand. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

I didn't get to play much with my analog on my PS1 or PS2 controller. Playing with it feels weird to me, but it never stopped the console to look like shit over a period of time. 

That's my favourite control button when it comes to playing and enjoying any sort of gaming. I use the other third button, which is the right analog button to perform feint via soccer games.