Register Now
Kane99

Best horror games ever

19 minutes ago, Candy Stick said:

Remember this PlayStation horror game? 

The guy you play as meets a friendly little robot. Really good game for the time. 

The game have aged really well and I would like to have something like that remake in either PS4 or PS5. What do you think about it? 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I love what Silent Hill built in the past, but now they are nomore, which has taking a very long time for the game developers making a new edition for silent hill. 

There is an update on the making of a new Silent Hill. Nothing have been confirmed yet but if they eventually do, it's going to be a wonderful resurrection to the game series. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

There is an update on the making of a new Silent Hill. Nothing have been confirmed yet but if they eventually do, it's going to be a wonderful resurrection to the game series. 

I think I have to learn about what's been said around the prospect of the Silent Hill new edition. Can you share the information through a link here? 

9 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I think I have to learn about what's been said around the prospect of the Silent Hill new edition. Can you share the information through a link here? 

As far as I can tell the only thing that has happened recently was Konami renewing the trademark.  That means nothing but of the fanbase are blowing smoke about it.

https://www.ign.com/articles/silent-hill-renews-trademark-reboot-konami

7 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

As far as I can tell the only thing that has happened recently was Konami renewing the trademark.  That means nothing but of the fanbase are blowing smoke about it.

https://www.ign.com/articles/silent-hill-renews-trademark-reboot-konami

I went through the article you shared, the only positive in there is the trademark restored by Konami which covers for virtual reality headsets, and other notable options. I didn't get to get info concerning any new edition coming up for Silent Hill series. 

26 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Who knows, maybe the trademark which is restored by Konami is a sign that the series is gradually making a come back. 

It could also mean their going to launch a new line of Pyramid Head pencil sharpeners.

Companies file trademarks all the time, often with no intentions of even releasing any products or services related to it.  It's likely in this case that Konami just want to maintain their rights to IP.

EDIT:

Actually, do Pyramid Head pencil sharpeners exist?  That would actually be pretty friggin dope!

Edited by Crazycrab

18 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

It could also mean their going to launch a new line of Pyramid Head pencil sharpeners.

Companies file trademarks all the time, often with no intentions of even releasing any products or services related to it.  It's likely in this case that Konami just want to maintain their rights to IP.

EDIT:

Actually, do Pyramid Head pencil sharpeners exist?  That would actually be pretty friggin dope!

Very funny indeed, pyramid head pencil sharpeners aren't in existence, unless you're taking about 'Pencil sharpers xD. I know you made an illustration using such facts, I got your information and I know that not All trademarks brings forth new development. I believe they renewed the trademark to keep their profile active. 

24 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

EDIT:

Well, I'll let you decide whether or not this counts, but...

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.a88e086a69c1014329e8a84e06dc1147.jpg

On topic though, what @Crazycrab said is true. Companies file trademarks for things that have barely even gone so far as idea all the time just to stop someone else from taking the next step. Konami probably have patents stopping others from creating a Metal Gear Solid themed gear knob or a Castlevania themed file folder, it's just what these companies do. These patents can only be upheld for certain amount of time before they have to renewed, so these companies then renew the same patent, it doesn't mean for one second that there's plan for it. The sooner people stop reading more into these things then what they are, the better.

Edited by Shagger