Register Now
Kane99

Best horror games ever

15 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Somehow I forgot my favourite game of all time: The Last Of Us. I deserve a smack on the ol’ behind!

I'm not sure I would describe TLOU as a horror game, though. There are horror elements, as well as elements of survival and it's very much narrative driven, but It's still a 3PS/Action game at it's core.

7 hours ago, Shagger said:

I'm not sure I would describe TLOU as a horror game, though. There are horror elements, as well as elements of survival and it's very much narrative driven, but It's still a 3PS/Action game at it's core.

It definitely straddles the line between several genres, for sure. And you’re right; it’s not a straight up horror game per se. Still, I think it’s horror/action ratio is quite similar to, say, modern Resident Evil. (it’s got that zombie/infected vibe going on.)

But, yeah, when I think of horror games it’s not one that jumps into my mind straightaway. (That’s probably why I overlooked it.)

On 5/27/2021 at 7:09 AM, killamch89 said:

I haven't played it in a couple of years but I also love it. The imagery is what really does it for me.

I started Outlast 2 but haven't gotten around to finishing it, I keep forgetting about it until somebody brings it up lol.

I'd played outlast 2 in 2019 as far as I remember. I think it is the best horror game I have played in recent times.

The game's characters and atmosphere are compelling, and gameplay does gives the sense of horror. The game gives in-depth detail in characters as well as the environment. There are some sexual contents, that makes it strictly for 18+.

Edited by Razor1911

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

Indonesia has some of the good horror titles. Dreadout being one of from that.

It looks like more of an adventure kind of a game than a horror one. But it is commendable that the local gaming community is also creating their own unique stuff. 😊 

I think you should play outlast 2, which I think the best horror game I have played.

On 10/12/2020 at 6:28 PM, ARx182 said:

For me it has to be The Walking Dead games. Mainly because I can't think of any other horror games, but The Walking Dead games (I've played the first 2 so far) are actually really fun games.

The Walking Dead games aren't really too horrific to be me. I just guess that zombies don't scare me easily. 

On 7/1/2021 at 5:34 PM, Razor1911 said:

It looks like more of an adventure kind of a game than a horror one. But it is commendable that the local gaming community is also creating their own unique stuff. 😊 

I think you should play outlast 2, which I think the best horror game I have played.

If it's linked more to horror than adventure, then I'm definitely going to be willing to play it. 

On 8/16/2021 at 11:46 AM, Heatman said:

If it's linked more to horror than adventure, then I'm definitely going to be willing to play it. 

You mean outlast 2? That's the most horrific game I have played after Manhunt. Manhunt wasn't that horrific actually, but because I was playing horror genre for the first time then, that's why I was really freaked out. Outlast 2 is much better, and probably the best in horror genre. 😊

14 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

You mean outlast 2? That's the most horrific game I have played after Manhunt. Manhunt wasn't that horrific actually, but because I was playing horror genre for the first time then, that's why I was really freaked out. Outlast 2 is much better, and probably the best in horror genre. 😊

Yeah, you're correct about how horrifying Outlast 2 is because my brother couldn't even get to play it for once in his life. It creeps him out.